Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discobs 2023

George BM

2 hours ago, Kmlwx said:

Was just remarking about this to the family a few minutes ago. Beautiful out (other than the bugs). 70 degrees and falling at 8:30pm-ish after the middle of June with a dewpoint in the mid 50s is crazy. 

the dewpoint actually dipped into the upper 30s during the late afternoon at DCA.  Very strange.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, high risk said:

Tonight's GFS and CMC have it here now on Wednesday.    Really hope this is legit.

Euro all in as well. Over 3” area wide by D10. Basically rain chances every day starting late Wednesday and beyond. Some of the energy staying north and giving us rain also helps give me better odds of dry weather in Florida for my vacation this week.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

I have run my AC only once besides the smoke days.  I don’t believe that’s ever happened before this deep into June. 

In those days, I kept my AC covered for winter, and remember that I uncovered it just a week or so ahead of my wife's July 5 birthday. Just to make sure it would be ready.

Needless to say, we haven't run it yet this year either.

eta: 2009 wasn't nearly as rain-deprived as this year though.

Yea, this is an astronomically better weather pattern than the last few weeks. That dry, dusty, smoky nw wind was getting played out. I have low expectations of any imby storms making it up this way, but good to see some popcorn cells showing up.

18 minutes ago, SnowtoRain said:

Middle of a drought or the middle of a snowstorm, Easton gets rain.  #blessed

I love your screen name lol. I had basically the same climo my entire life. Now I'm in on a ridge in Carroll County. 

I'm seeing the first towers of the season to my south. I'm hopeful for pop up this evening. 

1 hour ago, dailylurker said:

I love your screen name lol. I had basically the same climo my entire life. Now I'm in on a ridge in Carroll County. 

I'm seeing the first towers of the season to my south. I'm hopeful for pop up this evening. 

Yeah the middle eastern shore is a rough winter climo, to far west, north, or east.

25 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Brushed by that cell in McLean.  0.04”

Yeah looks like that one's wide left for me. Hearing the rolling thunder from it, though. Loud booms with CG close strikes are great, but sometimes just that low rumbling is soothing ... at least to me. And since it's a holiday, and cloudy and muggy out, there's not much activity -- vehicle or pedestrian -- on the streets, so it's quieter than a normal summer evening here. Relative silence a nice aural-point to the thunder. 

• H2O unpinned this topic