Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

9 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Euro has been awful with this storm and all winter 

mmm ... this unfortunately may not really be true.  

Yes, it has "red hair" and it is certainly a clad colloquialism to consider it a "step child" to the U.S. suite of products ... But the Euro actually did better on the most recent snow event and total synoptic evolution despite the consistency of the GFS, during the lead to that particular event -

That is unfortunately the most useful example for comparative scoring because truth be told ...this winter has featured a stark dearth of anything else.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

You guys have been telling me how good it is with these…it’s leading the way.  Lmao.  It sucks! Period. Can’t keep a solution to save its ass. Not that the others have been any better. But I don’t want to hear how good it is anymore…cuz it isn’t. JAM. 

You just said yesterday, “if the euro comes out and shows ABC… we are cooked” 

3 minutes ago, dan11295 said:

My big concern now is all the best dynamics will be pushing off the coast to the east really cutting down on snow totals even where it does snow if the trends continue. the 12Z euro maybe well send the primary into Nova Scotia xD

6z euro did that on west and Sw ends last run slicing Catskills , NW Ct and south / central Berks even . Lifted it NE 

so now models either continue with these messenger ticks or not 

• Like 1

Guessing what happens is H7 develops and tracks across southern CT and then the system becomes more stacked off to the East and this is when you see the precip shield blossom and looks to be a hefty band developing across eastern NY, CT, and MA. Kind of sucks because the HRRR def wanted to be colder but once the dynamics meh for a bit we bump back up some degrees. 

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

Looks like the euro with the way, the snow bands oriented in New Hampshire, and over into Maine, and the way the storm is backing in

Yeah.

I know I already stated BUT Forky did say a few days ago "this could easily jackpot Maine". I wonder how he was able to see that back then?