Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 4 2023 Storm Obs

MaineJayhawk

6 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

winds have been stout all day.  30-40mph

I was surprised to see some of those wind reports from the coast, other than the onset and until around midnight, winds were not a factor in my area anyway, what I would give for a long duration stalled bomb, with drifting etc.. yore!

35 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

I was surprised to see some of those wind reports from the coast, other than the onset and until around midnight, winds were not a factor in my area anyway, what I would give for a long duration stalled bomb, with drifting etc.. yore!

Winds have been pretty unremarkable in Newport. Tellingly, with regard to the failure for any coastal to actually properly get going, the wind was significantly more at the arrival of precip than it was when the low passed and the wind turned. 20 sustained is very ho hum here.

3 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Contrary to some of the model output we had almost zero taint in Greenfield outside of a few sprinkles this morning.

Yeah, massive gradient between here and there.  Berkshire East got dumped on with zero sign of pingers.  Most of the mesos rocketed that sleet line into S VT yesterday but it hit a wall somewhere in N Amherst.

35 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Who accepted a report of 14.7” south of Manchester NH in Merrimack, I mean that is a pure clown report . I mean how does that even remotely make it on the PNS .

That stuff used to drive me batty. Love it when the same towns are listed around the same time with wildly different totals

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Nice event for CNE and NNE. You guys have been hosed for awhile. Congrats. 

It was nice to get one that worked out for Greenfield.  There's been some frustration the past few years.  I know we don't have the best elevation but we are 12 miles from the VT border for God's sake!

• Like 3

Snowfall has picked back up here again this evening.  Snowing good at times now with some new accumulation.

The mountain is just absolutely buried after the past 10 days of snowfall.

Today was phenomenal.  And to think there was this feeling of dread in early/mid February wondering if NNE gets more snow or peaked.

330278301_3497169940610906_2062103345965

329362114_193208773330078_79184629825883

329230788_3389662997915903_8882794443482

328534474_104526349234330_27119615010459

• Like 13