Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 4 2023 Storm Obs

MaineJayhawk

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

I feel like every neighborhood has a place like that. There's a house around the corner from me that will do the exact same thing you describe....my front yard has some protection from afternoon sun, so it can take a while to melt out, but this guy literally might take an extra week to melt out. His yard just doesn't get any sun at all except early morning between around 7-10am and then it's nothing the rest of the day. It will look ridiculous sometimes when the entire street is melted out except piles/patches and this guy literally has like a 4-6" level snowpack covering the entire lawn.

That and an angry, anti-snow guy who shovels everything out onto the street to melt on sunny days.

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

I feel like every neighborhood has a place like that. There's a house around the corner from me that will do the exact same thing you describe....my front yard has some protection from afternoon sun, so it can take a while to melt out, but this guy literally might take an extra week to melt out. His yard just doesn't get any sun at all except early morning between around 7-10am and then it's nothing the rest of the day. It will look ridiculous sometimes when the entire street is melted out except piles/patches and this guy literally has like a 4-6" level snowpack covering the entire lawn.

That's our part of the neighborhood, our 1/10-acre lawn surrounded by trees 60-80' tall.  Most are hardwoods but even those trees block 25-40% of sunshine.  Come April the fields along Industry Road will melt down to grass while there's still a foot or more on the garden.

That and an angry, anti-snow guy who shovels everything out onto the street to melt on sunny days.

That's Fort Kent about mid-April.  Once most of the lawn is bare, all the piles along driveway and road get blown onto the pavement, sometimes covering the entire adjacent lane with 6-12" slop.