• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Currently monitoring guidance for March late 3rd through the 4th for the next ( beyond the 28th) significant event

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

At least I get the western eyewall on HRRR.

You know I remember every minute of 12 9 05. Perhaps one of the more fascinating weather days of my life. Heavy 4 inches of paste then drizzle then heavy heavy sleet then the fun began. A ferocious downburst that began with a sudden visible cascade of heavy snow. Lightning turned the sky pink over and over. On Eastern there were like 15 simultaneous posts of Tsnow. Snow completely instantly pasted everything. A little later Phil reported smelling Ozone in the 80 100 mph gusts. Pretty special day.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

The one thing I'm still I'm sure about is where I'm at, just above 84 west of Hartford, are we going to change to sleet and stay sleet? I've seen everything from a change to sleet than rain then back to sleet and snow. This is definitely been a gray area for us here.

I caught up and ran through today’s runs…yes, we’re gonna rain. 

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You know I remember every minute of 12 9 05. Perhaps one of the more fascinating weather days of my life. Heavy 4 inches of paste then drizzle then heavy heavy sleet then the fun began. A ferocious downburst that began with a sudden visible cascade of heavy snow. Lightning turned the sky pink over and over. On Eastern there were like 15 simultaneous posts of Tsnow. Snow completely instantly pasted everything. A little later Phil reported smelling Ozone in the 80 100 mph gusts. Pretty special day.

There were some spots in metro west that got 8-9 inches in 2 hours during the end of that. At the time, I knew it was an awesome storm, but I definitely appreciate those types of storms a lot more as I get older. Just awesome display of power from mother nature in that one in many different forms. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Gfs isn’t really backing down.

The NAM FOUS at 36 hrs looked like Baffin Island out at Logan. 

.73”  under 0C in sustained 40 mph 

It’s been consistently looking like that. Snowier in the numerical profile than the synoptic charts illustrate. 

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Yeah that’s what I saw too. Pretty good pike North. 

I’m still not buying that CCB nonsense at the end. My hope is that we can keep ticking this front end thump better. It’s not 12/16/07 but we do have a high in a half-decent spot and downstream blocking, so maybe this is one of those systems we can tick a bit colder on the front end during the day tomorrow. 

• Like 1