• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Currently monitoring guidance for March late 3rd through the 4th for the next ( beyond the 28th) significant event

Typhoon Tip

15 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

isn't that simply because winds stayed up?  I mean are the 850s off significantly?  Most will wetbulb and the storm comes in at night.

Not sure.  But I'm strongly inclined to say "yes" given it's not a local discrepancy, but region wide.

Regarding wet bulbing - I'm focused on the eastern zones; and BL temps I believe is main issue. I believe surface temps will stay stubbornly high over night. There isn't low level CAD; winds easterly will cause dews to rise sharply out ahead of the precip.

You guys in the interior are fine; plenty cold. 

2 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Not sure.  But I'm strongly inclined to say "yes" given it's not a local discrepancy, but region wide.

Regarding wet bulbing - I'm focused on the eastern zones; and BL temps I believe is main issue. I believe surface temps will stay stubbornly high over night. There isn't low level CAD; winds easterly will cause dews to rise sharply out ahead of the precip.

You guys in the interior are fine; plenty cold. 

GYX likes your area.

Here in Boston I'd be thrilled if we get over two inches of accumulation. This entire winter has had snow gone in a couple days thanks to back-end rain or sleet.

I'm already onto the next system. If the EPS is any indication, this could be the strongest system since Jan 2022 of last year (with a 1993 or 1978 ceiling).

Just now, tiger_deF said:

Here in Boston I'd be thrilled if we get over two inches of accumulation. This entire winter has had snow gone in a couple days thanks to back-end rain or sleet.

I'm already onto the next system. If the EPS is any indication, this could be the strongest system since Jan 2022 of last year (with a 1993 or 1978 ceiling).

2-3 maybe. Perhaps a little more in the aftn should that materialize. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

GYX likes your area.

There's an IVT-ish feature that sets up overhead, looks like towards the end. But that move through at diurnal max, and I don't see cold on the back side of this. Areas not far from me, 10 miles, to the north/west will see a lot more. I think I'm gonna see a lot of snow falling from the sky but it's not gonna pile up here due to 32-34 temps throughout.

• Like 1