• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Currently monitoring guidance for March late 3rd through the 4th for the next ( beyond the 28th) significant event

Typhoon Tip

42 minutes ago, 8611Blizz said:

BOX upping the totals for some area's but not buying much improvement for the coastal area.

weatherstory.png

There's something liberating about not being able to look at anything all day and just fast-forward to the last two pages of new posts to catch all you need to now

I'm happy to see BOX has me in a 6-8.  Not sure if'll play out that way but nice to nee nonetheless

17 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

There's something liberating about not being able to look at anything all day and just fast-forward to the last two pages of new posts to catch all you need to now

I'm happy to see BOX has me in a 6-8.  Not sure if'll play out that way but nice to nee nonetheless

I’m thinking closer to 3-4” of kitchen sink crud for us. We’ve seen that a few times already this year. Just can’t buy an optimal look. 

Maybe we can get one last push south and finally catch a break but I’m skeptical. I feel like a bump north of more likely than south. At least it will cover the sun torched areas again which opened up today. 

• Like 2

The problem for the GFS is that it can only be downhill for it after that last run.  It won't get any better than that for many.  It has been steadfast for 3 days now, so I think changes should be mostly noise this close in.

I have railed on it this winter for showing us favorable outcomes at day 6 that disappeared by go time.  But if it does it now at day 1-2, then what good is it?

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

It cant be discounted no matter if it fits your palate.

Yep, the NAM being that far north this close in is a red flag. It could be wrong yeah, but it’s very much a possible outcome. The other models may not be picking up the convection as well as the NAM is. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, George001 said:

Yep, the NAM being that far north this close in is a red flag. It could be wrong yeah, but it’s very much a possible outcome. The other models may not be picking up the convection as well as the NAM is. 

Seasonal trend in affect.

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Definitely worse for the pike region but the h7 closing off just east of the elbow may enhance ccb possibility Saturday?  Dicey to say the least.   I think Ray’s map looks good at this point.

Gonna need 00z to come back south or i’d place the O/U for eastern pike region at 3” with less right on the coast. 

NAM is tossed imho…but that doesn’t mean small north ticks aren’t real. I’m expecting them. 

• Like 1

Just now, weatherwiz said:

If NAM is poo poo I'm really liking this area for max potential

image.thumb.png.950729c9bf840106eaf1d16cd4f30963.png

image.thumb.png.d6f8751152e7d15002d160931abfa588.png

GFS prob too far south. NAM way too amped. Somewhere in the middle with a 70/30 weighting toward GFS is prob what I’d forecast right now if I had to issue one. 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So you think torch above freezing ?

I wouldn’t call it a torch but lack of good source of low dews prob means you go to 34 and rain eventually. You may pelt for a decent while though first.