• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Currently monitoring guidance for March late 3rd through the 4th for the next ( beyond the 28th) significant event

Typhoon Tip

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Gonna hang the gfs on the wall of shame. 

The GFS may actually end up not performing that well overall with this and not just talking about locally. I guess it also depends on what metrics you're evaluating, but the GFS has always been fast with everything. It was fast with the convection moving across the south and fast with timing of everything into the OV and Northeast. NAM was always slower with everything.

• Like 1

Just now, weatherwiz said:

0z NAM early on and its so much slower with everything so far.Barely has the line getting into Memphis by 12z now

Even if sniffed something out here, loop the last 3-5 runs for around ORD. Absolutely brutal performance 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wx2fish said:

Even if sniffed something out here, loop the last 3-5 runs for around ORD. Absolutely brutal performance 

Terrible...i was shocked to see ORD in a WSW when I woke up. That's one market I have to forecast for and looking at data today there was still no consistency or confidence. 

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s clear the gfs is too far south imo. 

I honestly don’t have much of a read on the guidance here in CT. I suppose I lean warmer, but I’m not really endorsing either model camp extreme. 

Very small ticks here are the difference between rain and sleet accumulation.