Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2023 Obs/Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yes. They happen all year no matter the weather. In all seriousness, there’s probably 20+ almost every month . There was a terrible accident this week. 2 actually. One Tuesday and one Wednesday. I drive it almost daily . They’ve done countless studies on it. I’m sure most posters here have driven that stretch at some point. It’s not particularly windy or curvy, there’s nothing to the naked eye that screams danger. There are a few gentle bends as you go up the hill and then down towards 68(Uconn exit) . But nothing that should cause the massive issues . And the scariest part is many of them are with critical injuries or deadly . When my daughters were in the middle school there was a journalist heading to the school to do a story . I think was from Southbury or that area.. it was winter, but no snow or any OTG. Car flipped into the median and died, another time a state trooper was in breakdown lane was rear ended and killed instantly . There’s countless truck fires. It is absolutely governed by some higher power . Not a doubt in my mind 

I have looked at the issue as well.  I see not plausible reason for the number of deadly crashes.  It is freaking crazy... other roadways that have high accident rate locations all have very specific well-known issues.  None that I know in that stretch of 84...

• Like 1