Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 23rd Storm Threat: keeping positive vibes, ending chances of futility

TalcottWx

8 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

I "only" have around 9 1/2".  Just measuring by putting a ruler down on a clean surface.  I have not been doing the 6 hour snowboard clearing.  Are you Mark and Brian doing that or is it I am just a bit too far NW to be in the best snow. On the other hand my ratios should be better as my temperature has been around 28F for the whole storm.

14.2” new here. Cleared at 7am and 1pm. The new untouched depth is 13”. So you were a bit NW. Not sure if ratios mattered since we were more in the midlevel goodies down here and plenty cold enough that it isn’t wet.

image.jpeg

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

I "only" have around 9 1/2".  Just measuring by putting a ruler down on a clean surface.  I have not been doing the 6 hour snowboard clearing.  Are you Mark and Brian doing that or is it I am just a bit too far NW to be in the best snow. On the other hand my ratios should be better as my temperature has been around 28F for the whole storm.

I think we just had more moisture here from the early push, and then got mid level deformation at rates of 2-3/hour at times.  That tends to be higher ratio I think.  My last measure was about 3 hours ago at 11.5 when we then cleared the driveway.  I'm estimating between 14-15 due to how hard it has snowed during that time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Direct measurement from the driveway. Another 1/2" since the measure. Can I squeak out another 1/2" to get to double digits?

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Certainly impressed that this finish produced such heavy snow rates after all . 

Jet mechanics FTW. I think Chris posted it earlier and I was discussing yesterday, but we have a pretty impressive left exit region with this CCB so that got the job done. Sometimes we’ll have a ULL/energy swinging underneath us but not much jet assist, and it can just be light to moderate stuff, but we were able to get that extra enhanced lift to get heavy bands. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Jet mechanics FTW. I think Chris posted it earlier and I was discussing yesterday, but we have a pretty impressive left exit region with this CCB so that got the job done. Sometimes we’ll have a ULL/energy swinging underneath us but not much jet assist, and it can just be light to moderate stuff, but we were able to get that extra enhanced lift to get heavy bands. 

125+ kt at 500 mb and 140+ kt at 250 mb. Not bad.