Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 22-23, 2022: Warm Rain to Arctic Chill

WxUSAF

32 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Always better to post optimistic things with no facts behind them than the reality. How's that working out for all of those that were wishcasting snow for their backyards this morning?

Literally, EVERY POST from you is negative. And has been. Just saying. We can all read the same maps. We all don't need to post each shitty iteration. But, we all have our role. No one in our area wishcast shit this AM and the western highlands folks are doing well. So good for them and glad for them. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

It looks like the HRRR is running 4-5 degrees colder than the other models, so 10 is a better forecast.  Still, a pretty good situation to get DCA low since we aren’t counting on radiational cooling.  

My lowest December temp since getting my station in 2011 is 13.  Should have no trouble beating that.

Yeah the HRRR is definitely running a bit too cold, but I'm personally interested in DCA's high temp on the 24th. The 3k NAM has the site topping out at just 19F, which would be an extremely cold day for December standards. That would be just the 4th time at the DCA that the high temp failed to get out of the teens during month of December. 12/22/89 (17F), 12/25/83 (14F), and 12/31/62 (18F) are the only other times that's happened at the airport site. If we can't do snow, then at least the cold snap will be something of interest. That said, I greatly appreciate all of the snow reports and pics coming from the western part of the subforum :snowing:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Literally, EVERY POST from you is negative. And has been. Just saying. We can all read the same maps. We all don't need to post each shitty iteration. But, we all have our role. No one in our area wishcast shit this AM and the western highlands folks are doing well. So good for them and glad for them. 

Seems like you don't understand the difference between being realistic and being a weenie. If you want to do the latter, knock yourself out. And I'm certainly happy for anyone who is getting snow this morning. Love seeing the pictures. I'm getting rain, which is what was expected and what literally every single model showed.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic