Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

8 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I can tell you with your attitude going in you certainly won't have as good a time, ha.  Mentality going in is like 90% of the experience in most aspects of life.

Remember, you aren't going to work, it's vacation, you'll still be skiing, the views to Mount Washington are still sick, there will be beverages, good food, fireplaces, hot tubs hopefully, time with friends and family in a place that isn't Taunton.

Like you said, if you can't get a refund, just go skiing and make the most of it.  Get excited to get out of SNE... go to a brewery in Bethel after skiing, have a couple beers, a burger, sit by the fire with the woman, enjoy yourself.

Yes sir you get it

8 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I can tell you with your attitude going in you certainly won't have as good a time, ha.  Mentality going in is like 90% of the experience in most aspects of life.

Remember, you aren't going to work, it's vacation, you'll still be skiing, the views to Mount Washington are still sick, there will be beverages, good food, fireplaces, hot tubs hopefully, time with friends and family in a place that isn't Taunton.

Like you said, if you can't get a refund, just go skiing and make the most of it.  Get excited to get out of SNE... go to a brewery in Bethel after skiing, have a couple beers, a burger, sit by the fire with the woman, enjoy yourself.

I guess, I’m sure we’ll have a good time outside of skiing. However, crap conditions are crap conditions. No matter how much you try to trick yourself otherwise 

• Weenie 5

Just as the snow has been haves and have nots so has the torch.  I’ve gotten below freezing every night this week and highs have been low 40s at best.    If we had any snow cover to start with we would probably still have some in northern Pioneer Valley

Honestly, with no snow on the ground I wouldn’t mind a sunny day breaking into the 50s.  It’s been mostly cloudy this week and low level cold.   Feels like March.  
I think our luck starts to turn Friday in the interior.  

• Like 1

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I guess, I’m sure we’ll have a good time outside of skiing. However, crap conditions are crap conditions. No matter how much you try to trick yourself otherwise 

I agree with you on not liking sub optimal ski conditions. Especially when you don’t get out on too many ski vacations. However, I will say that, an “OK day” outside, especially on a mountain, is better than almost any day inside.  I think that’s what PF was alluding to. 

15 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I agree with you on not liking sub optimal ski conditions. Especially when you don’t get out on too many ski vacations. However, I will say that, an “OK day” outside, especially on a mountain, is better than almost any day inside.  I think that’s what PF was alluding to. 

And I don’t necessarily disagree. I’m sure once we are up there, we’ll be in a better mood. From my point of view though, unlike some here, I’m not flush with cash, and it’s a little aggravating to waste it lol.

Lift tickets are $100+ for the day now, tough to reconcile with trash conditions at that price 

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

And I don’t necessarily disagree. I’m sure once we are up there, we’ll be in a better mood. From my point of view though, unlike some here, I’m not flush with cash, and it’s a little aggravating to waste it lol.

Lift tickets are $100+ for the day now, tough to reconcile with trash conditions at that price 

You’re not going to get conditions like Alta, Utah. Deal with it. You’ll have plenty of time to make up for crappy conditions man made and naturally. If your wife still complains, she’s probably a big PITA and needs to go. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

You’re not going to get conditions like Alta, Utah. Deal with it. You’ll have plenty of time to make up for crappy conditions man made and naturally. If your wife still complains, she’s probably a big PITA and needs to go. 

Bahahaha:lol:.   Between him complaining and the wife…god help us. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

For which one.. Friday?

Yeah but mostly rain first. The cold drain happens throughout We’d night/Thursday and eventually sub-freezing reaches SNE but most of the precip is rain before that happens.

The bigger question is how much snow can happen from the last piece of energy rotating through for Friday. GFS has been a little more aggressive than other guidance. It’s dropping several inches while Euro is more like a little bit of light snow. 

I think most mountains that are big snow makers will return nicely over the next 7-10 days and that most resorts will have decent trails for families to enjoy .

SR will make snow later tonite and then Wednesday nite thru infinity . They even made some in a small window last nite on a few trails. 

As long as a torch from hell doesn’t appear in the 10-15 day range I think resorts will turn it around decently for folks that like to enjoy groomers . If you like skiing in glades , sorry probably not for a while of things break right . 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah but mostly rain first. The cold drain happens throughout We’d night/Thursday and eventually sub-freezing reaches SNE but most of the precip is rain before that happens.

The bigger question is how much snow can happen from the last piece of energy rotating through for Friday. GFS has been a little more aggressive than other guidance. It’s dropping several inches while Euro is more like a little bit of light snow. 

It's painful waiting for a slow cold drain.