Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

22 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hopefully EPS looks nothing like op . If so, another loss for GEFS

OP run is split flow but there’s a risk that some of the mildness could come in from over the top a bit which is what it’s trying to do. It doesn’t really change what we’ve been looking at beyond that though. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Puke. 

given my luck, I’m seriously going to regret keeping that trip. Tickets for the mountain already bought too, no refund.

I can tell you with your attitude going in you certainly won't have as good a time, ha.  Mentality going in is like 90% of the experience in most aspects of life.

Remember, you aren't going to work, it's vacation, you'll still be skiing, the views to Mount Washington are still sick, there will be beverages, good food, fireplaces, hot tubs hopefully, time with friends and family in a place that isn't Taunton.

Like you said, if you can't get a refund, just go skiing and make the most of it.  Get excited to get out of SNE... go to a brewery in Bethel after skiing, have a couple beers, a burger, sit by the fire with the woman, enjoy yourself.

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I can tell you with your attitude going in you certainly won't have as good a time, ha.  Mentality going in is like 90% of the experience in most aspects of life.

Remember, you aren't going to work, it's vacation, you'll still be skiing, the views to Mount Washington are still sick, there will be beverages, good food, fireplaces, hot tubs hopefully, time with friends and family in a place that isn't Taunton.

Like you said, if you can't get a refund, just go skiing and make the most of it.  Get excited to get out of SNE... go to a brewery in Bethel after skiing, have a couple beers, a burger, sit by the fire with the woman, enjoy yourself.

Beer 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Great advice.  He’s a very negative person lol. 

1 hour ago, bwt3650 said:

Almost a complete loss of pack. Crazy for Jan 1 at 1900’ in northern Vermont. At least it’s snowing.

149d547d415798aaf6e2cb0ecd1252f1.jpg

Ha down here at 750ft…

The VAST snowmobile route to the gas station while the dog finds anything cold to roll in.

The Rec Path is annoyingly busy ha.  Like a spring afternoon.

6332096B-AE64-4419-85D8-B0AA48D486B9.jpeg.47ebdd6a8519fc34a5e275bfe50c8b80.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

So it shouldn’t be mentioned?

The funny part is we got the huge blocking to verify…but as some of us said before that pattern, nobody cares about longwave patterns in here, they care of it delivers snow or not. The pattern can set up like models showed but if the big snowstorm doesn’t happen, it’s irrelevant. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

The funny part is we got the huge blocking to verify…but as some of us said before that pattern, nobody cares about longwave patterns in here, they care of it delivers snow or not. The pattern can set up like models showed but if the big snowstorm doesn’t happen, it’s irrelevant. 

Isn’t that how this place always has been though?

I mean, unless last week was your thing with 10 degree temps and cement frozen ground.

10 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Isn’t that how this place always has been though?

I mean, unless last week was your thing with 10 degree temps and cement frozen ground.

Yes. It has always been like that. 

I was just chuckling at the sentiment that the pattern was being kicked down the road or that it never developed. 

2 hours ago, roardog said:

I would recommend not looking at the end of the 12Z Geps today. lol

Its been awful as of late...it tried to do something similar 4 days ago at the end of its range and then reverted back to what the EPS/GEFS had...to be fair though the GEFS did try showing lowering heights out west on some of its last few runs after D10, it just has not been doing it consistently 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yes. It has always been like that. 

I was just chuckling at the sentiment that the pattern was being kicked down the road or that it never developed. 

It developed, But once again it didn't produce for many in the region, Jury is out on the upcoming, That's where the can kicking comes in, We will be getting into mid Jan territory.