• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
"We're gonna need a bigger plow..." Massive, persistent singal now emerges discretely in the models, 20th-23rd

Typhoon Tip

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I will say 53kts MHT was definitely overperforming. 

Yeah that's pretty impressive. Might have been aided by convective cells earlier. Lots of reports of stuff down between here and Manchester. I have power, but can hear the hum of gennys in the distance. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I think for CT broadly this is a significant/major event given some of the wind and coastal flooding. It’s not over yet, either, with the Arctic front.

Don’t think it’s memorable (yet) though. 

Memorable is hard to do. To me that denotes an all-timer with a defining feature. Buffalo? That’s memorable. 

For some areas sure…but it hasn’t been impressive here at all, in fact run of the mill. What is a lil more impressive is this rain…it’s filled back in, and continues. 

For those areas that got it good, I can understand.  But no power loss here..yet, and no problems on the roads yet either. 

Maybe round 2 will get us? 

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

For some areas sure…but it hasn’t been impressive here at all, in fact run of the mill. What is a lil more impressive is this rain…it’s filled back in, and continues. 

For those areas that got it good, I can understand.  But no power loss here..yet, and no problems on the roads yet either. 

Maybe round 2 will get us? 

Yeah, I hear ya. That’s one of the things about wx that’s so interesting. One area can get smoked, and very nearby another area is meh. 

Until this morning’s wind woke me up, the only thing I followed with this was the front. I think that’ll be a cool experience. We’ll see. 

• Like 1

We lost power at home around 7:45 am.  Still out.  We lost power for 3 days last weekend and phone/internet for 5 days.  Hopefully it will be a faster fix this time around.

Edit:  I just checked the outage page and we are not on it anymore,  hopefully that means it is back on.

Reedit:  false hope, the outage is back on the list

9 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

At least half of the town was without power last time I peeked. Hopmeadow was shut down, Bushy Hill, some others I cannot remember directly right now. Too much going on.

This is been an issue in this town for years. Right after the October snowstorm asplund was contracted to come in and make some major improvements. As soon as they started there were complaints left and right from people who didn't want trees trimmed, or worse taken down. As far as I'm concerned if they don't want preventative maintenance then they have to be prepared for the consequences. And it's good for us. Stuff like this always Spurs generator sales

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Yeah, I hear ya. That’s one of the things about wx that’s so interesting. One area can get smoked, and very nearby another area is meh. 

Until this morning’s wind woke me up, the only thing I followed with this was the front. I think that’ll be a cool experience. We’ll see. 

Ya that front means business..at least it did in the west and mid west. 

1 minute ago, Sn0waddict said:

One positive thing about this storm regarding outages is that this lull has allows line workers to fix some of the damaged lines while we wait for round 2. UI currently only sitting at .20 percent of their customers out of power.

7%... yes it's sad I'm correcting this but I just happened to look LOL

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Think there may be a surprise 1-2” in spots 

From your lips to God's ears. But as I've been saying, down on the south shore from Madison through Rhode Island, they have a good shot of getting two three inches. Inches. For them. We have to head your bets on some squalls giving us a coating

Just now, Snowcrazed71 said:

From your lips to God's ears. But as I've been saying, down on the south shore from Madison through Rhode Island, they have a good shot of getting two three inches. Inches. For them. We have to head your bets on some squalls giving us a coating

From your lips, to God's lips, lips everywhere.

• Haha 1