• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
"We're gonna need a bigger plow..." Massive, persistent singal now emerges discretely in the models, 20th-23rd

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

The no flash freeze because it's windy idea seems comical now. 

That would have been fine, but the rain and shower activity is lingering much longer than first anticipated.  It appeared earlier that there would be several hours of mostly dry weather leading up to the cold surge.  That is not going to be the case...

1 minute ago, FXWX said:

That would have been fine, but the rain and shower activity is lingering much longer than first anticipated.  It appeared earlier that there would be several hours of mostly dry weather leading up to the cold surge.  That is not going to be the case...

It never stopped raining here. And now it ends as snow . Maybe enough to whiten 

3 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

flash freeze will be a disaster I think with everyone out last minute shopping

Always stumps me why this has to be the case.  The DOT / DPW crews have been alerted to this potential for days.  The DPW crews I deal with are already to go with a treatment just prior to the temp collapse...  Not too tough to time and be ahead of the situation...   Just a lack of coordination with lots of town and state crews...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FXWX said:

Always stumps me why this has to be the case.  The DOT / DPW crews have been alerted to this potential for days.  The DPW crews I deal with are already to go with a treatment just prior to the temp collapse...  Not too tough to time and be ahead of the situation...   Just a lack of coordination with lots of town and state crews...

From BOX THIS MORNING! Doesn't seem like things were going to be bad to me

MA/CT for a few icy spots on roads but not expecting
a significant impact as the strong winds and rapid drying takes
hold.