• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
"We're gonna need a bigger plow..." Massive, persistent singal now emerges discretely in the models, 20th-23rd

Typhoon Tip

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Not memorable here that’s for sure. Maybe round 2 delivers more. We wait and see. 

I mean, its really windy...but its nothing I will remember for years to come (like Feb 2010), aside from the fact that is resulted in the longest thread ever for a non-tropical rain event.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This event shushed the doubters very quickly 

This is your true "Shut 'em Down" event.  Only time I can ever remember Stowe closing for the day.  No power at the mountain or in town, trees down everywhere.  130mph max wind gust at Mansfield summit.  70 mph at BTV airport (I think it was Hurricane Hazel that had higher gust speed on record than this event?).  Everyone seems to be without power around these parts.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This event shushed the doubters very quickly 

Sporadic areas have their issues, but not feeling what was advertised here by any means... as I knew we wouldn't. It's always the shore and hilltops FTW in these. Now, when the cold front comes through I expect more here than earlier

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This is your true "Shut 'em Down" event.  Only time I can ever remember Stowe closing for the day.  No power at the mountain or in town, trees down everywhere.  130mph max wind gust at Mansfield summit.  70 mph at BTV airport (I think it was Hurricane Hazel that had higher gust speed on record than this event?).  Everyone seems to be without power around these parts.

We take that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

Sporadic areas have their issues, but not feeling what was advertised here by any means... as I knew we wouldn't. It's always the shore and hilltops FTW in these. Now, when the cold front comes through I expect more here than earlier

50% of Simsbury was shut down, with several major roads shut down, I don't know.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

HFD gusts to 58 is just one tiny example. You must live in a cave 

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Not memorable here that’s for sure. Maybe round 2 delivers more. We wait and see. 

I think for CT broadly this is a significant/major event given some of the wind and coastal flooding. It’s not over yet, either, with the Arctic front.

Don’t think it’s memorable (yet) though. 

Memorable is hard to do. To me that denotes an all-timer with a defining feature. Buffalo? That’s memorable. 

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Awesome! Love it 

Just now, TalcottWx said:

50% of Simsbury was shut down, with several major roads shut down, I don't know.

50%? that's not what we heard. And I expect the road closures. It happens here with half-assed thunderstorms because tree trimming is so limited due to complainers. I haven't had any trouble getting around this morning

• Thanks 1

Just now, UnitedWx said:

50%? that's not what we heard. And I expect the road closures. It happens here with half-assed thunderstorms because tree trimming is so limited due to complainers. I haven't had any trouble getting around this morning

At least half of the town was without power last time I peeked. Hopmeadow was shut down, Bushy Hill, some others I cannot remember directly right now. Too much going on.

Just now, UnitedWx said:

The valley got nailed it seemed. But also not being used to 50+ winds...those trees will fall.