• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
"We're gonna need a bigger plow..." Massive, persistent singal now emerges discretely in the models, 20th-23rd

Typhoon Tip

15 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Not sure how reliable this guidance is, but not outlandish compared to BOX latest.

Widespread damage in Portsmouth, Kittery and Hampton if this verifies

wrf-arw2_mslp_wind_neus_27.png

Parents and brother in N. Hampton with a water main break yesterday/last night left them without water for several hours. Now they'll lose power two days later. I would be very surprised if I lose power...have not seen that happen in 10 years here.

45 minutes ago, KTBFFH1905 said:

This GFS doesn't even make sense but I want to believe it given this Grinch storm. 

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_6.png

Maybe a little for the west slopes, but keep in mind that isn't all instantaneous. That's thickness paired with 6hr averaged precip. So a lot of that precip is outta here before the column cools to support snow.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That thing retrograted too and had a sting jet practically for NE MA into SNH. That was ridiculous.

it was nuts. my house was shaking-and I am in a relatively protected spot. multiple trees down on my street, and i couldn't even go anywhere even if i wanted to. no power for 3 or 4 days.

15 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Yeah could be impressive. Wave action on a southerly wind always creates more issues than you’d expect with a given tide level. 

There are a couple of Fairfield County coastal school districts that have to alter some bus routes during events like this one...

• Like 1

Ever since Lamont nailed them with fines, anytime there is a sniff of higher wind gusts, Eversource is now going to ask for crews all over. They're petrified to screw up again. Plus they want to do a massive rate hike on customers so they want to "look good" to get that approved. The state is not going to see over 100,000 without power :lol:  unless we get a low topped derecho to blow through 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Damn @WxWatcher007you chasing? 75 mph winds 3 feet of snow right where you were last month

No. I’ve been casually following but it’s Christmas and it’s the first one since my dad passed. Historic event out there. Historic period for them. Glad I got to partake in at least one epic event. 

I’ll enjoy my snowless and frozen landscape at home with the people I love, and I’ll be happy knowing I had the ability to give my family a good Christmas. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

No. I’ve been casually following but it’s Christmas and it’s the first one since my dad passed. Historic event out there. Historic period for them. Glad I got to partake in at least one epic event. 

I’ll enjoy my snowless and frozen landscape at home with the people I love, and I’ll be happy knowing I had the ability to give my family a good Christmas. 

Enjoy, Don.

• Thanks 1

Jeezus

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 PM THIS EVENING/...
12pm Update...Quick update to hazards. Transitioned remaining
High Wind Watch to a Wind Advisory for central and southern NH,
as well as to a High Wind Warning for southern Somerset Co.
Increased peak gusts for portions of the Warning on the NW side
of the Whites, as well as right along the coast. Gusts to 70 mph
will be possible during a brief window as some MUCAPE
accompanies the jet translation through the CWA. More details
later.

40 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Ever since Lamont nailed them with fines, anytime there is a sniff of higher wind gusts, Eversource is now going to ask for crews all over. They're petrified to screw up again. Plus they want to do a massive rate hike on customers so they want to "look good" to get that approved. The state is not going to see over 100,000 without power :lol:  unless we get a low topped derecho to blow through 

This.  Wind forecasts almost always underperform.  March 2010 being an exception.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Maybe a little for the west slopes, but keep in mind that isn't all instantaneous. That's thickness paired with 6hr averaged precip. So a lot of that precip is outta here before the column cools to support snow.

I would defer to the hi-res models to see if a snow squall line actually makes it through.  Earlier this morning, only the RGEM showed it, all the US hi-res models (NAM 3K, HRRR, FV3) showed a squall line that was rain-only except for the highest elevations up north.