• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
"We're gonna need a bigger plow..." Massive, persistent singal now emerges discretely in the models, 20th-23rd

Typhoon Tip

little IP/SN/RN mix to start here in Winsted... been sitting at 35/29 nearly all day, forgive me if this was already addressed, but are we still thinking these winds will mix down and verify at the sfc? some things I was seeing yesterday and earlier were looking at sustained 30-40 with 60+ gusts, also looks like the thermometer is going to break Fri night with a sick delta from a high of around 50...

Just now, WinterWolf said:

‘13

thx, I seem to remember like widespread 60"+ on one of those nam runs, regardless they are going to get hammered with synoptic and then les, man, twice in one year having a multiple foot snow event there, is that uncommon? I know the tughill gets it almost yearly but around the Buf area, I don't recall... my uncle lives in I think Williamsport or burg, and remember one year he had like 65" in one event over a couple day period,but was strictly LES, regardless, that's insane

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

All I can tell you is what he’s got on air and texts. He’s all in 

Yeah I have 50-60 mph gusts. Saying widespread outages as that's what Eversource is saying and to prepare people for the holidays. 

I do think there's the chance for some bigger gusts in/around convection but that can always be tough to accomplish. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

Yeah I have 50-60 mph gusts. Saying widespread outages as that's what Eversource is saying and to prepare people for the holidays. 

I do think there's the chance for some bigger gusts in/around convection but that can always be tough to accomplish. 

Oh boy-never go with what UI/Eversource says....they are setting the bar high so they can look good when little to nothing happens...:lol:   Although I give them credit it's a turnaround from storms like Oct 2011 when they said they were "Caught off guard" when you and the other channels were barking for days about it....

7 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Oh boy-never go with what UI/Eversource says....they are setting the bar high so they can look good when little to nothing happens...:lol:   Although I give them credit it's a turnaround from storms like Oct 2011 when they said they were "Caught off guard" when you and the other channels were barking for days about it....

Yeah for sure they're overshooting. Most likely scenario is widespread advisory and scattered outages but there is definitely some potential for some higher end stuff with convection. 

Just now, Sn0waddict said:

That seems like an absurd overstatement if true, my link above seemed to hint that was all of their territory. We shall see though ha

All designed so they look good when it's less the proverbial "we dodged a bullet" headline...some stock footage of 10 trucks in a row rolling into town...it's all about the image

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

That’s all of eversources territory. Not just CT

Its for just CT. 

https://www.ctinsider.com/news/article/CT-weather-power-outages-rain-wind-chills-17671343.php

Eversource, the state's largest electricity provider, increased its outage predictions Thursday afternoon as the storm reached Connecticut. Eversource said it was preparing for a level 4 event with the potential for 125,000 to 380,000 outages that would take two to six days to restore — meaning some customers may still be in the dark on Christmas.

• Haha 1