Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Preliminarily ... a medium impact partial Miller B, Friday

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

So far about 10” of pure cement at 1000’ west townshend SVT. Moderate snow continues, a few more inches here.

The big snow is over 2500’ with an estimated 20” at Stratton for last run. Snowed various levels of SN+ the entire day. Wouldn’t be surprised if 30 is in reach. Elevation and east slope upslope for the win.

30" up high prob is within reach. Haven't had a long duration event like this in a while it feels like.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, backedgeapproaching said:

30" up high prob is within reach. Haven't had a long duration event like this in a while it feels like.

We were just discussing this at my house. Every time It looked like a break was headed up from the south it would just fill in. My theory is the upslope component is so strong it fills in the gaps of the synoptic snow.

Im impressed your doing so well on the west slopes. I heard downtown Manchester was mainly rain!

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I thought you downslope from the east? That’s really good.

I do some, SE is worse than E and some events are different than others. Not that anyone cares, but I'm tucked in pretty close to the spine and the higher terrain, may negate some of the downsloping effect? I dont know, its weird. But I'm pushing prob 1.5" QPF, so not drying out too much..lol.

Roughly where that pin is...

20221216_191653.thumb.jpg.bf2008ab2c6fc932281dda688ff54ab1.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dendrite said:

8.5ish here. I’ll take the under, but hoping for 4-6” more. Get it to double digies.

I’ve overseas so I haven’t been following. This as closely but I’m surprise we’re gonna have that much snow. I didn’t realize we already had over 8 inches. Of course I’m assuming I got as much as you did.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

We were just discussing this at my house. Every time It looked like a break was headed up from the south it would just fill in. My theory is the upslope component is so strong it fills in the gaps of the synoptic snow.

Im impressed your doing so well on the west slopes. I heard downtown Manchester was mainly rain!

Yeah your right, kept rebuilding when it looked to shut off.

Downtown  Manchester was rain to tart, but they had prob 6"ish when I was there around 4.

34 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro goes nuts(relatively speaking)for E MA pike northward overnight. Would awesome for some peeps to pick up 2-4”. Still a bit skeptical but the guidance has been ramping it up all day. 

Fwiw - Ayer is 35 with cat paws on winshields

• Like 2