Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Preliminarily ... a medium impact partial Miller B, Friday

Typhoon Tip

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Wife and I just went to Sushi Yoshi here in town.  Coming out and walking the Rec Path home in a snowstorm was awesome.

This is what winter is all about.  Good food, good drink, a quiet walk through the field and woods with evergreens and hardwoods alike bending under the high QPF snow.

We don't get a lot of heavy wet caking snows here but this one is about as picturesque as it gets even if it's only 7" or so far.

1.thumb.jpg.9f52008e1809f6f67d7f5857962e4e2b.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.c4649a76923451d929f1da6202dc2600.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.12ae1804d4acf1a360097e540ca6d8c4.jpg

Don't lift the covers tonight with your Sushi Yousi self.

• Haha 1

4.3”/0.37” in the latest core. That’s a total of 9.4” so far.

It’s a good thing I took a look at the run because the snow was clinging to the strands of the hawk netting and eventually closed off the 1”x1” squares. It was like a solid roof of 4-5” of snow and was stretching to the ground about as far as it could go. I was able to shake it from every fence side to get the snow to fall through. It probably would’ve snapped by morning. 

Anyway…32.5° and -SN/SN. 

• Like 3

Just now, dendrite said:

4.3”/0.37” in the latest core. That’s a total of 9.4” so far.

It’s a good thing I took a look at the run because the snow was clinging to the strands of the hawk netting and eventually closed off the 1”x1” squares. It was like a solid roof of 4-5” of snow and was stretching to the ground about as far as it could go. I was able to shake it from every fence side to get the snow to fall through. It probably would’ve snapped by morning. 

Anyway…32.5° and -SN/SN. 

This stuff cakes up fast and heavy.  Coop saved.

Throwing some straw and scratch in the run tomorrow afternoon.

2.3" (0.74" LE) new since 7PM, 3.3" (1.69" LE) on the day.  

32.2°F and SN

Screenshot_20221217-003738_RadarScope.jpg

Screenshot_20221217-003826_Gallery.jpg

44 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Another 2” here at my house 1,000’ takes us to 12” of cement. Still no power.  Probably another 4-6” above 2,500 so Getting to around 30. Anything the rest of the night brings this one higher on the all time list for the SVT Mountains 

I'm out too here, ughh. 

15 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

I'm out too here, ughh. 

We are about 9in here.  6 before i cleared the board and then 3 more.  Depth is about 7 because its hvy and def compressing!  But really picked up in the last hour snowing at about 1/2'/hr now.  30f,  Seems a little drier now comparatively.  

4 minutes ago, NW_of_GYX said:

Seems like widespread power outages. CMP website is crashed. Power is out even in downtown area where we live. First time in the 4 years we’ve lived in this house. Woodstove and propane range for the w

35K without, most in Oxford.

https://www.cmpco.com/wps/portal/cmp/outages/reportorviewoutage/viewoutagelist/

25 minutes ago, NW_of_GYX said:

Seems like widespread power outages. CMP website is crashed. Power is out even in downtown area where we live. First time in the 4 years we’ve lived in this house. Woodstove and propane range for the w

We still have power down here. Looks like we got snow-holed after midnight. Just pounding sand now. 

• Like 1