• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Preliminarily ... a medium impact partial Miller B, Friday

Typhoon Tip

Just woke up to a winter wonderland.  31.7F  Light snow   My big 5 foot snow stake in the field is just under 18".  The smaller stake in the back yard which is open to the sky but sheltered from any drifting is around 20"

The first part of the storm had temperatures around 29F but it slowly crept up to 31.9F during the night with a much wetter snow.  Down to 31.7F  

20.jpg

field.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

Too warm for any fun here.  Didn't expect to wake up to rain. 

Only got about 5-6" and that was all yesterday.  It snowed much of the night but instead of clinging to trees, they all melted out.

Looking across the bay, the trees are fully caked and bending starting around 700' or so.  Looks like nearly everywhere above that elevation in Laconia and Gilford is without power. 

Good thing you were on vacay for Halloween 2011. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Absolute annihilation at elevation up here. It's basically going to be 20+ just about everywhere above 1000 ft that wasn't shadowed out. 

Not far from that here at 390' - had 17.0" at 7 AM (1.83" LE) with light-mod SN continuing.  Last check of cocorahs had the observer from the NW part of Farmington at 17.5" and 3rd place was only 6.8".  No reports from Temple (at 1220') nor northern Oxford (Bethel, et al) but it looks like that county and Franklin got the real stuff.  Genny kicked on at 4:56 this morning and 30 minutes ago CMP was at 40k outages.

Will be a worthy debut for the new snowblower.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, wxeyeNH said:

Just woke up to a winter wonderland.  31.7F  Light snow   My big 5 foot snow stake in the field is just under 18".  The smaller stake in the back yard which is open to the sky but sheltered from any drifting is around 20"

The first part of the storm had temperatures around 29F but it slowly crept up to 31.9F during the night with a much wetter snow.  Down to 31.7F  

20.jpg

field.jpg

Awesome. Crushed 

1 minute ago, tamarack said:

Not far from that here at 390' - had 17.0" at 7 AM (1.83" LE) with light-mod SN continuing.  Last check of cocorahs had the observer from the NW part of Farmington at 17.5" and 3rd place was only 6.8".  No reports from Temple (at 1220') nor northern Oxford (Bethel, et al) but it looks like that county and Franklin got the real stuff.  Genny kicked on at 4:56 this morning and 30 minutes ago CMP was at 40k outages.

Nice event for you Tom, Elevation was key here.

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

Wow you are still piling up.  WhTvis your elevation and what is eeks if you know.  I’m between 600-700 on the main part of my property 

Eek is downwind of the lake. Different microclimate. 

Standing outside right now and just heard a large branch or tree fall down the road. I’m ready for the sun to make an appearance. 

3 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

20.jpg

field.jpg

Wow Gene!  That is damn nice and not too far from me.  And you don’t usually jack.   Elevation working it’s magic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tamarack said:

Latitude too (along with miles from saltwater) as I'm not that much higher than your place - couple hundred feet?

I'm at 210'

Best stuff is happening now though

KLEW 171256Z AUTO 35011KT 1/2SM SN FG OVC005 00/00 A2948 RMK AO2 CIG 004V010 SLP994 P0001 T00000000 FZRANO

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

20.jpg

field.jpg

Awesome.

16 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I’m guessing miller state park 20 miles north has a 20 spot . Poster 5-10 miles east in Greenville had 9” at 780’

Yeah good bet. They got smoked up there. I bet Watatic has a bunch too. Prob at least 18 near the top. 

• Like 1

Finally, a report from northern Oxford - 20.0" of 9:1 at Andover. 
Top 5 atm:
20.0"  Andover
17.5"  Farmington 4.2NW
17.0"  MBY
6.8"  Palmyra (one town west from Skowhegan)
6.1"  Abbot  (3 towns south from Greenville)

Strange distribution.

Edit:  New #5 - 6.5" in North Berwick, western York County.  If there's an observer in Parsonsfield (NW-most town of York) we'd likely see a 12"+.

• Like 2