Westbrook, Yarmouth, Brunswick, Arrowsic, Bath, Phippsburg,
Bowdoinham, Topsham, Bowdoin, Whitefield, Dresden, Alna, Bremen,
Bristol, Damariscotta, Newcastle, Boothbay Harbor, Wiscasset,
Waldoboro, Owls Head, Rockland, Appleton, Camden, Hope, Rockport,
Thomaston, Belfast, Northport, Searsmont, and Lincolnville
703 AM EST Sat Dec 17 2022

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EST
TONIGHT...

* WHAT...Wet snow. Additional snow accumulations up to 2 inches.
  Winds gusting as high as 40 mph.

* WHERE...Coastal Waldo, Knox, Lincoln, Sagadahoc, and Coastal
  Cumberland Counties.

* WHEN...Until Midnight EST tonight.

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Glad we took the over on forecasts.

I’m a bit surprised places like Princeton didn’t get more but everyone north of them got hit with warning snows it looks like. It was just a 1 in 50 year event where the CF is sitting over Princeton instead of 10-15 miles east (or southeast) Lol

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I’m a bit surprised places like Princeton didn’t get more but everyone north of them got hit with warning snows it looks like. It was just a 1 in 50 year event where the CF is sitting over Princeton instead of 10-15 miles east (or southeast) Lol

It’s rare to have it get NW of this area too. I don’t recall many 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I know. What a weird event for sure. Bummer about ORH but at least a chunk of them to the north did well. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I read a tweet that on Mountain Road at 1400’ they measured 3” and a mile away at 1350’ they had zero.  That was early in the day

Parts of my town have grass showing

• Sad 1

Just now, moneypitmike said:

This just popped on my FB memories from 6 years ago (living in GC).  A bit of a different vibe between there/then and here/now.

No photo description available.

That was the big front ender that turned to ice (and then rain eventually). Think I had about 7” in that. 

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I read a tweet that on Mountain Road at 1400’ they measured 3” and a mile away at 1350’ they had zero.  That was early in the day

Parts of my town have grass showing

The north side of mountain road did well. You could see the ski side of the mountain getting parachutes for much of the day. It was really wet there but still accumulated some. But Princeton center just down the road was like 36 and white rain. Really bizarre. You almost never see that. The base of the ski area is lower than the town center and they were doing better from that extra 1-2 mile of latitude. 

• Like 1

Too warm for any fun here.  Didn't expect to wake up to rain. 

Only got about 5-6" and that was all yesterday.  It snowed much of the night but instead of clinging to trees, they all melted out.

Looking across the bay, the trees are fully caked and bending starting around 700' or so.  Looks like nearly everywhere above that elevation in Laconia and Gilford is without power. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I’m guessing miller state park 20 miles north has a 20 spot . Poster 5-10 miles east in Greenville had 9” at 780’

• Like 1