Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Preliminarily ... a medium impact partial Miller B, Friday

Typhoon Tip

28 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Maybe one day we’ll get to see that. 

All I can think about is strong NAO block maybe isn't as bad as suppression depression?  All those years Will was laughing about -NAO and slow moving interior and NNE snowstorms while the rest of us worry about 2010 :lol:.  We barely made it without rain in this one.  In fact it's been ripping snow and while holding at 32-34F now since 12pm.  Lower ratio.

MVL has been above freezing for 9 hours now in this wet paste.  Guess block doesn't equal cold suppression all the time?

Partner runs a snowshoe tour experience out of the house.  Despite me following this storm for 2 weeks saying it's possible but unlikely they still booked.  I said expect 3 inches tops.  They didnt care if they were walking on bare ground as they are from TX.  Man did they get lucky as we had 6 inches by go time.  They end up at this little outdoor bar/firepit area.

ss2.jpg

ss1.jpg

ss4.jpg

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I generally try not to get too agitated by these things but I just picked my kid up, from a friends house in Colrain and it is literally dumping silver dollars, a half mile up the road from my house but raining in my front yard.  100' elevation difference at best.

:gun_bandana:

image.png.9c45adbb37a3670ba9d42f7f01a5b0f4.png

Looks like Greenfield there...what a magic special hell you must live in

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dmcginvt said:

image.png.9c45adbb37a3670ba9d42f7f01a5b0f4.png

Looks like Greenfield there...what a magic special hell you must live in

You can't make this shit up.  Lower elevations South of here are snowing now.  I'm sure it has something to do with topography but man it's a grab the ankles and retreat to your happy place night.   I can drive to snow in any direction regardless of elevation.

I'm done melting now, even if the last of my snow cover isn't, carry on.  B)

• Like 2