Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Preliminarily ... a medium impact partial Miller B, Friday

Typhoon Tip

44 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I generally try not to get too agitated by these things but I just picked my kid up, from a friends house in Colrain and it is literally dumping silver dollars, a half mile up the road from my house but raining in my front yard.  100' elevation difference at best.

:gun_bandana:

Brutal

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Power is out now with sounds of cracking and crashing coming from the trees. We just went from beautiful and historic to a pain in the ass in SVT

Could be worse, It could be 33 and raining.  Play cards under candlelight. . although I have been in some heavy snow where the trees were going down left and right and it is frankly terrifying.  

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I love how I have become the face of winter time consternation. 

You wear you heart on your sleeve.  It's a good thing! I appreciate the passion!  And I lived in Methuen during a time when we got tons of snow so I know it happens, and when it doesnt, I feel your pain even though Im in Vermont now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dmcginvt said:

Yes it will if you love snow!!  You know Vermont, we have plows.  The issue has been on the back roads they plowed and it turned to ice once they did, but didnt lay down some dirt yet.  

Yeah and the snow should be done prior to daybreak. Rt 9 can be a mess if there's an accident or a tractor trailer stuck but I'm sure it will be fine. Looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You have family in Henniker? My family had a place at Rock n' Birch Campground for years.

Yep, inlaws.  Is that down by the river?

Got married there.  Took my post-Thanksgiving dump in the cow pasture tree grove after that 2014 storm knocked out power (most importantly, bathroom fan).  Special place for sure.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Yep, inlaws.  Is that down by the river?

Got married there.  Took my post-Thanksgiving dump in the cow pasture tree grove after that 2014 storm knocked out power (most importantly, bathroom fan).  Special place for sure.

I'm starting to wonder about that vegetable garden of yours.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Not a huge event snowfall wise locally but it does get into Winter Storm Warning criteria here.  We’ll see what the 12am-6am period brings.  High QPF snows lead to a larger impact for sure than warning amount fluffy snow.

Its snowing at about 1/4" an hour right now and seems to have long way to go still.  I think we are in good position with surface analysis showing the low pretty close to the cape although I think there is a secondary in s ny see previous post.  

10 minutes ago, dmcginvt said:

Its snowing at about 1/4" an hour right now and seems to have long way to go still.  I think we are in good position with surface analysis showing the low pretty close to the cape although I think there is a secondary in s ny see previous post.  

That area over s ny is rotating like a low moreso than the low off the coast

image.png