Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

14 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

It is good to see a high perched n of Maine?  Or is that your nao se ridge hookup you’ve been rubbin it to?

It’s the jma and ya the H is in a good spot but the  orientation is pure garbage as it’s oriented SE into gulf of Maine  and to add insult the return flow just West of that high is screaming north as the squeeze play from the Minnesota low aids that 

1.3" so far on .09" liquid, 21° F. Heavier snow has been trying all afternoon to push in from the SW, but keeps weakening as it pushes NE. 

Someone in the I-90 corridor from Albany into the southern Berkshires pulls a 6-8" out of this, while I probably finish with 2.5-3". 

Looking forward to what could be a good dump here on Friday, but whether it's a glorified SWFE that dumps 6-10", 8-12" or a slow moving nor'easter that dumps 18-24"+ is still very much up in the air right now. Regardless, I think this is more of an interior elevation threat given marginal temperatures and low that may very well cut inland across SNE.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

So give it to us. Who thinks this this storm is over for anywhere south of Vermont? 

Or.. Who thinks we still have a shot. 

Discuss.  

any snow maps from the recent Euro ?

Tring to decide to snowboard somewhere in Vermont or Maine to chase this powder  

2 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I didn’t want to say anything after looking at the OP runs, but it does kind of have the look of Rainer, frigid, Rainer, rinse, and repeat.

That would be a swift kick in the groin, to be sure.

Yea, I know you are usually very reluctant to point out what sucks

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

If that one just before Xmas is rain, too, then I'll be in a rubber room.

We haven’t even figured out Fridays storm yet in terms of mix/ ice/ rain / snow. My guess says snow to mix rain but net gain and then quick freeze behind front. Tremendous amount of spread on ens. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1