Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

24 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Euro looks good for interior SNE

Secondary more east and slightly faster transfer 

I knew it would do that ... I haven't seen it yet, but I suspect you are right just because of 'why' I thought it would do so.  Ha.

seriously though.  

The stuff I was talking about more of a L/W whole-scale move (toward) the guidance, as opposed to a 'tumbler' trough would tend to offset the W position lows that materialize nearing the coast.   

The sad part is...the tumbler would have been the best if it could stay south.  Will and I, and others ...were musing at the party last night that the runs yesterday were sort of leaning that way - it was impressive...  But, alas it didn't last.   

Anyway, better of the loss is to have it this way - so lucky in that regard.   

You know...I still have a problem with the whole evolution of this period in question. The -NAO appears to move out at the convenience of the trough moving into Ontario,...  but it can also happen that way. There plenty of precedence and real personal experience, however, with blocks being dismantled too quickly, or handled improperly by mid range modeling.    

Something else that suddenly occurred to me ... It's almost like I'm getting sick of this f'n thing and can't wait for it to just be in the rear view mirror.  lol

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Just booked a trip for the 19-22 to North Conway. Hopefully they get a ton of snow over the next month 

It's a whole different world up there ...

There was a store downtown up there, back in the 1980s that used to specialize in family crests ...don't know if they still exist anymore.  But we went up there to purvey...  When we left the day was a grayish hang, with moist 39 F air over moosh snow.  ( Acton, MA)... By the time got up there it was in the mid 20s, with 24" of powder.   I stood there about 5 or 10 minutes after sunset, with T's slipping toward 20, as the arctic night claimed the last bit of blue nw horizon light.  The Presidential Range ( I think it was ...) created a dark wall beneath the sky along the left side, and there were some other elevations on the right. ...This made the allusion to a hallway.   And every 3 or so minutes, out of nowhere ...the wind would rise from near calm to fill the air with blowing snow...fulled through the valley floor.  It was just pure winter - 0 adulterated pureness.  It's a moment in time that is indelible in memory...   And I thought about that as returned later that evening, and it was the same old 37 F stale air over a rotting snow pack.   

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's a whole different world up there ...

There was a store downtown up there, back in the 1980s that used to specialize in family crests ...don't know if they still exist anymore.  But we went up there to purvey...  When we left the day day was a grayish hang, with moist 39 F air over moosh snow.  ( Acton, MA)... By the time got up there it was in the mid 20s, with 24" of powder.   I stood there about 5 or 10 minutes after sunset, with T's slipping toward 20, as the arctic night claimed last bit blue horizon light.  The Presidential Range ( I think it was ...) create a dark wall beneath on the left, and some other elevations on the right ...made a like a hallway.   And ever 3 or so minutes, out of nowhere ...the wind would rise from near calm to fill the air with blowing snow... It was just pure winter - 0 adulterated pureness.  It's a moment in time that is indelible in memory...   And I thought about that as returned later that evening, and it was the same old 37 F stale air over a rotting snow pack.   

Funny how perspectives change… I used to think the first when I first moved up here, now I feel like North Conway is where I’d go if I got sick of the cold weather lol. Of course, it’s all relative - and in CAD situations they’re far colder than Bretton Woods 

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

Euro looks good for interior SNE

Secondary more east and slightly faster transfer 

I'm really not sure what you are looking at. Latest run looks worse than last night for snow in sne. GFS actually looks a lot better to my eye. Latest Euro looked like rain up to at least the Massachusetts Vermont border EDIT: gfs looks better...maybe not a lot 

2 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

I'm really not sure what you are looking at. Latest run looks worse than last night for snow in sne. GFS actually looks a lot better to my eye. Latest Euro looked like rain up to at least the Massachusetts Vermont border EDIT: gfs looks better...maybe not a lot 

Often People see what they want to see 

the base case is an interior hit (which doesn’t mean 20 miles from coast) a good area that will likely help is where the elevation increases from west side of  ORH and KFIT to 15 miles west of ASH 

could do better for areas closer to COastal plain  or could do worse and be mostly rain for ORH KFIT Concord NH etc 

• Like 3