Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Tracking the Tropics

40/70 Benchmark

12 minutes ago, dan11295 said:

18Z UKMET finally came north a bit and is now close to 18Z GFS with a landfall near Rontonda. Fort Myers/Charlotte Harbor look like they could be among the worst spots for surge. People have to realize the track may looks a bit like Charley, but Ian is a much bigger surge threat with the larger circulation.

Looks like it is moving a bit slower as well? (or at least modelled to?) 

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Looks like a Cat 4 at LF. I’d love to be in Sarasota where my grandparents lived all of my cihildhood and teen years into 20’s . Ground zero 

Yeah, it's a nice spot. My grandmother and great uncle evacuated Siesta Key this morning. I'm hoping this keeps edging south. Would much rather have the wind blowing off the land than piling water up. I still think their homes are probably not going to weather this well.

SUMMARY OF 1000 PM EDT...0200 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...24.6N 82.9W
ABOUT 175 MI...280 KM SSW OF PUNTA GORDA FLORIDA
ABOUT 5 MI...10 KM S OF THE DRY TORTUGAS
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...120 MPH...195 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...NNE OR 15 DEGREES AT 10 MPH...17 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...947 MB...27.96 INCHES

40 minutes ago, dryslot said:

What a catastrophe about to unfold for Florida, High end cat 4 is no joke anywhere.

Local radio (Ray Richardson) has a weekly real estate guy on and he was talking about how to take advantage of the disaster that will unfold by buying up a bunch of wrecked houses for cheap when this is all said in down. Apparently he did it after Andrew. Seemed in poor taste to me.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Local radio (Ray Richardson) has a weekly real estate guy on and he was talking about how to take advantage of the disaster that will unfold by buying up a bunch of wrecked houses for cheap when this is all said in down. Apparently he did it after Andrew. Seemed in poor taste to me.

That's like asking to buy someones house that passed away at their wake, Not the time or place for that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

What a catastrophe about to unfold for Florida, High end cat 4 is no joke anywhere.

It's going to be bad! My aunt and uncle just returned to Longboat Key from Tennessee day before yesterday (Why..no clue) and now complaining they can't get fuel. Some people just don't take things seriously