Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2022 Disco/obs/etc

Torch Tiger

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Some synoptic rain coming up this way, with mixed convection.  The chance is there for a widespread 0.50" soaking on the 00z 3km NAM across the NW half of NE.

nam3km_apcpn_neus_10.thumb.png.04b95a6acf033add851ef3ce5288569c.png

Is there more rain after this in SE New England or are we steined again with .01-.05" ??

28 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Some synoptic rain coming up this way, with mixed convection.  The chance is there for a widespread 0.50" soaking on the 00z 3km NAM across the NW half of NE.

nam3km_apcpn_neus_10.thumb.png.04b95a6acf033add851ef3ce5288569c.png

It does look like it’s trying to bias W-N yeah 

Tues/Tues night are getting uniquely brutal looking in the NAM’s very recent numbers.  Like 91/75 prior to full mixing midday Tues … possibly to 93/68 … 78 out at Logan at 5 am for the low and likely 81 much of Tues night. 

• Like 1

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

It does look like it’s trying to bias W-N yeah 

Tues/Tues night are getting uniquely brutal looking in the NAM’s very recent numbers.  Like 91/75 prior to full mixing midday Tues … possibly to 93/68 … 78 out at Logan at 5 am for the low and likely 81 much of the night. 

There's a solid moisture plume punching well into New England in the lower levels.  Dews are going to go up, along with PWATs  It can turn tropical in a hurry as the  fluidity of the atmosphere comes and goes like the tide.

Just now, powderfreak said:

There's a solid moisture plume punching well into New England in the lower levels.  Dews are going to go up, along with PWATs  It can turn tropical in a hurry as the  fluidity of the atmosphere comes and goes like the tide.

WNE gets 3 rounds ENE gets spritz. Persistence 

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

ghows-CT-345334c5-384d-14f4-e053-0100007

My wife decided I should replace the deck boards with composite rather than slap deck over on them....it of course exposed other issues, so the weekend project has turned into the rest of the week project. So of course now it will rain and become a sauna. Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Could be an important day to keep an eye on things for western areas into SVT and SNH into adjacent Maine.

97D75C86-481B-414F-84DD-9EAFC79D5110.png

Warm front showers and then....? Meh...

If we could lose the clouds after the warm front it would be game on, but I'm very skeptical of that, especially in SE NH. Southerly fetch also gets tainted by marine layer in eastern areas. I like central western MA and central/western CT for severe chances--warm front clears early and looks like good chance sky clears to destabilize things. 

• Weenie 1

16 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

My wife decided I should replace the deck boards with composite rather than slap deck over on them....it of course exposed other issues, so the weekend project has turned into the rest of the week project. So of course now it will rain and become a sauna. Lol

Definitely go composite. Smart woman. Of course they decide and we execute…easy job for them. We are replacing ours with it, eventually.