• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2022 Thread

weatherwiz

We got a big crack in one of our major trees from last Friday night’s storm which upended the yard.   Was talking to the tree guy when the front accompanied by pollen came through.   But I have a question for Tip-where’s my Labrador vomit?    

Tree requires a crane to pull it over the top of the canopy of the surrounding oaks.

8 minutes ago, weathafella said:

We got a big crack in one of our major trees from last Friday night’s storm which upended the yard.   Was talking to the tree guy when the front accompanied by pollen came through.   But I have a question for Tip-where’s my Labrador vomit?    

Tree requires a crane to pull it over the top of the canopy of the surrounding oaks.

Uh ... why are you asking me that? 

The mean T between PWM and PSM is 57 , overcast and ENE wind... You should wait awhile before yanking that chain - little anxious there LOL

I mean the time tables have been outstanding modeled - pretty fantastic actually... This may be the first time I've ever seen one of these bad boys really match so precisely to guidance.  12z NE zones... probably 18z down near HFD... NYC/N NJ by late day/dusk. 

44 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

mm I doubt it...  The 3K res may be too much, but this spins the wrong way.  lol

You're temp is going to fall into the low 50s by dark, most likely.  There is a band of clouds settling S, aft of the boundary.  That will cap matters alone, but ... I gotta go ahead and suspect that the higher res models having 95+% RH in the BL...portends a pretty solid strata deck with even mist possible.  

We're not getting out of this...

Yeah, I don't doubt it'll be 50s by sunset, but atleast were getting a decent period of sun behind it. I've leveled off in the low 60s for now. Part of me wishes it waited until early afternoon so we could've really maxed the drop. 

• Like 1

Just offering a little perspective on this.  It's all a matter of perspective. 

At this time of your, many are anxious to get on with the new season, to feel summer's exuberance and vitality, the weather-type events that are 'supposed' to come with, and all that jazz.  Which at a minimum, the expectation of heat is a part of that. 

But come late July, when we're pretty fed up with it ...say three or four failed heat waves from now ( 91/95/89.4), and it's become annoying and it's lost it's novelty.  The lawns are beige. It'll be a 91 maintenance grind and your out there having to do something in it, ...just how much would you wish at that moment this sort of jolt cold correction would blast through. 

Yet at the furthering end of the spectrum,  when we are damned with a fascinating icing scenario, and risk going to 32.4 and losing the nature's art work, how much as winter enthusiasts we suffer the horror of watching the cold air fail. 

26 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Strat puke coming down from ME now.

Yeah you can just sense looking at that, it'll want to fill into the region behind the front as the day gets on ... packing in eventually. 

I have to say, this is probably the more vivid example of a BD phenomenon in its purest form, I've seen in many years.  I may not be qualitatively exactly right about this, but it seems overwhelmingly like our BDs have been more hybridized in character ... Sort of lost in other stuff, or perhaps wimpy in general. 

This?  wow - I mean pollen plowing pulsed gusting. It was really through here like a gust front off a thunderstorm.  The delineation in wind direction and in very short order, the temperature response, was just as quick.  

Also - in that satellite loop abv you can see that line extends out into the ocean by a considerable number of miles.  I wonder if that's a subtle marine problem for vessels/'white squall' out in the Bay waters... I mean if your in a small schooner or some prone vessel, and then it leans over from out the blue sharp wind shift/acceleration.