Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

41 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

We’ll that’s the point..first half…May through first half of June can be dicey if you’re looking for real summertime, that’s the only point being made.  And None of us had a problem being in a pool in June growing up..cuz we were kids. Lol.  

Grew up in a NNJ lake community and there was always bragging rights for 1st guy (always a guy) taking a swim.  [I chose not to compete.  :lol:]   Usually would occur with the first 80+ afternoon in mid-late April, when the water temp was about 47°.

In 1987 temps were warm to hot on Memorial Day weekend - PWM hit 94 on 5/31.  Visited friends in Wells and went to Wells Beach.  Fog had rolled in, cutting temps by 25°, but the kids wanted to swim in the (45-50°) ocean anyway.  9-year-old daughter slipped off a barnacled rock and scraped her leg, couldn't feel it until 10 minutes later when warmed up, and the salt water tested her nerve endings.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You are ridick . Late May thru June is nice. Every now and again you get a bad day, but it’s generally summer. You are completely wrong. What is it with people trying fight and fend off summer? Like making shit up just because they don’t like summer . June is deep summer 

I wish my pool was warm enough to comfortably swim by Memorial Day.  We are typically just barely able to use it by June 15-20 even with a solar cover.   Takes a ton of energy to heat water.  

All I choose to remember about April are Spring Weekend 2008 and especially 2009 at UConn. I believe 2009 was the one that had deep summer feel. But it was certainly spring like in ‘08.

Oozeball on the South Quad, Sundresses as far as the eye could see, and sweat dripping during beer pong and dancing.

Those were the days. I’ll never forget the dress my now wife wore during that second spring weekend, and how I practically gave up drinking that Sunday morning after way too much rum. Never got close to X Lot. :rolleyes: :lol:

That’s April to me. 

• Like 1

Lol at some Of the posts in here. It’s definitely greening up in a lot of SNE. It hasn’t been a bad March, all things considered.

We were swimming in my family pool before Memorial Day most years growing up. Maybe if you like the water 80+, it’s not great, but otherwise, meh, it’s good to go.

Some of you people act like you live in the Swiss Alps.

4 hours ago, Johnno said:

I think the coldest I have ever felt personally was a mid may Sox night game and I was obviously not paying attention to the weather thinking it would be like CT, my god what a raw cold night that was probably 5 or 6 years ago, I think I had the chills for a week after 

I underdressed for an early April game once too and was cold as hell, kept running underneath to the concessions to warm up. Boston in April can chill you to the bone.

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Lol at some Of the posts in here. It’s definitely greening up in a lot of SNE. It hasn’t been a bad March, all things considered.

We were swimming in my family pool before Memorial Day most years growing up. Maybe if you like the water 80+, it’s not great, but otherwise, meh, it’s good to go.

Remind me to take a pic of my pool thermo this upcoming Memorial Day.   The pool also doesn’t get the best sun, so that is part of it.  Some friends of ours here in town have a nice inground pool that they typically open that weekend though. 

some people making it sound like 70+ on memorial day is outrageous. sure, bad luck last year. but 2 months from now  the odds are in our favor that we are much warmer. I'm not sure who is saying 90, or where that narrative came from

Your best post ever. Iron clad 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 2

10 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

some people making it sound like 70+ on memorial day is outrageous. sure, bad luck last year. but 2 months from now  the odds are in our favor that we are much warmer. I'm not sure who is saying 90, or where that narrative came from

I recall many memorial days that were pretty warm/hot. Memorial Day on is summer.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

I’m not getting near a pool in May without a heater. 

I feel like our true seasons line up well with the astrological ones. Deep winter is gone by 3/21, consistent summer temps by 6/21, first 30s around 9/21, and the pack establishing by 12/21. 

Lol … yeah deep snow pack … gone by the fire sign Aries.  

• Haha 2