Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

21 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Maybe even 4.5 months if we include the start of Torchtober.

Once the Sun fades with intensity around Sept 21st its over. Summer in most coastal areas doesn't kick in until late June. That big pond is a real detriment. Last year we had 3 months of summer June August September. I wouldn't be surprised if June sucks this year. Late spring

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Once the Sun fades with intensity around Sept 21st its over. Summer in most coastal areas doesn't kick in until late June. That big pond is a real detriment. Last year we had 3 months of summer June August September. I wouldn't be surprised if June sucks this year. Late spring

June can really suck sometimes. Esp the first 2 weeks. Usually it’s summer by late June but we’ve had some epically bad days in recent years early month. I think it might have been 2015 when we had back to back highs in the 40s early in the month. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

June can really suck sometimes. Esp the first 2 weeks. Usually it’s summer by late June but we’ve had some epically bad days in recent years early month. I think it might have been 2015 when we had back to back highs in the 40s early in the month. 

Hope the Euro seasonal is wrong as it has a highly anomalous rainy July although warm but man that block in Labrador looks strong. Long time to go let's hope we have a great COC  summer 85/55 with crystal blue skies. Nothing better. Not too hot but warm until sunset then cool nights bug free. One can wish I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Hope the Euro seasonal is wrong as it has a highly anomalous rainy July although warm but man that block in Labrador looks strong. Long time to go let's hope we have a great COC  summer 85/55 with crystal blue skies. Nothing better. Not too hot but warm until sunset then cool nights bug free. One can wish I guess.

I would like a few nights with good sleeping, garden variety thunderstorms. I feel like it’s been awhile since we had a night of those up here.  

Just now, dendrite said:

I would like a few nights with good sleeping, garden variety thunderstorms. I feel like it’s been awhile since we had a night of those up here.  

Yea those are awesome.  Meanwhile it's snowing in North Carolina hills this morning. Squalls still will pack a punch. Lucky peeps could see a quick 2. Berks ORH County maybe the confused kid at the Mt Tolland 

20 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yeah, but low 80s are low 80s if you know what I mean. Summers are longer and more humid now.  I’m sure we’ll have some months BN from time to time. 

For those with pools…ya don’t open em til mid June, many times can’t swim in them for another couple weeks most times after that.  And ya close em early, maybe mid September at the latest most times. There’s your 2.5 to 3 months.  Sure there will be a few more hot days thrown in, but the feel is different, and you know it’s over. Like we feel in mid March about the winter.  Cuz like Gynx said, once the sun starts losing its punch, it’s over.  And the first few dry leaves start falling and mucking it(the pool) up. 

• Weenie 1

13 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Oh I hear ya…but I’ll sell that on Memorial Day for sure!  Almost never happens on Memorial Day. Once in a great while…but I’ll bet against it every time in SNE. Southern NJ on south ya. Not here for the most part. 

Since moving to Maine in 1973 I can recall only one HHH Memorial Day, and that was in 2015 while visiting the kids in, yes, SNJ.  Only high 80s but 4-5 days of super sticky.  We headed north in a deluge on 5/31 (EWR suburb had carp on some roads) and by the time we got to the Charlton rest area on the Mass Pike it was upper 40s with windy dz - actually felt almost good, though having the next 2 days at home with wind-driven mid-40s RA was less so.
(Contrast that with Memorial Day 1969 when we drove to Ringwood Manor in SNY in my '62 Beetle - NYC hit 97 and the heater control on the Bug was stuck wide open.)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

It's been 3+ years here since we've had a decent after-dark light show.  Last year might've been the worst for lightning in general, with only one event that even approached garden variety.  Then there was the out-of-nowhere strike a year ago today that blew apart a nearby fir and toasted both a DirecTV cable and the genny-to-house connection.  Not looking for a repeat but some storms with multiple hits within 2-3 seconds would be appreciated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

For those with pools…ya don’t open em til mid June, many times can’t swim in them for another couple weeks most times after that.  And ya close em early, maybe mid September at the latest most times. There’s your 2.5 to 3 months.  Sure there will be a few more hot days thrown in, but the feel is different, and you know it’s over. Like we feel in mid March about the winter.  Cuz like Gynx said, once the sun starts losing its punch, it’s over.  And the first few dry leaves start falling and mucking it(the pool) up. 

Pools open up Mem Day. Get a solar cover if it’s cool to start.  I agree about mid September. 
But from a temp standpoint, summer is getting longer.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Pools open up Mem Day. Get a solar cover if it’s cool to start.  I agree about mid September. 
But from a temp standpoint, summer is getting longer.  

June typically is a very warm and summery month. Can always get a wet cool day on wrong side of warm front. But in general it’s deep summer. People around here open pools mid to late May and you’re swimming Mem Day weekend or June 1

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

June typically is a very warm and summery month. Can always get a wet cool day on wrong side of warm front. But in general it’s deep summer. People around here open pools mid to late May and you’re swimming Mem Day weekend or June 1

Sometimes early June can have crummy days, but overall it’s warm.