Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I saw a magnolia tree in a sunny spot that had the flowers  about to come out. That is very early. 

I have a star magnolia and some of the blooms are starting to crack open. I am worried as we are getting some record cold Sunday night through Monday night. Uuggh

19 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

June typically is a very warm and summery month. Can always get a wet cool day on wrong side of warm front. But in general it’s deep summer. People around here open pools mid to late May and you’re swimming Mem Day weekend or June 1

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Sometimes early June can have crummy days, but overall it’s warm. 

I disagree a lot. Some years yes. Some years it’s horrible. Period!  I was a lifeguard for 10yrs…some years it(June)was great. Some years June was horrible.  Also played softball for 30 plus years…and most years ya freeze in the early evening playing in May and early June…more often than not that was/is the case.  

Everybody has their own ideas, and that’s fine. But I’ve worked and played in so many cool wet May’s and June’s, I can’t even count. Sure, some years it’s warm hot, but many times no.  That’s my experience. But if others feel differently, that’s fine.  

Just as some will say this winter was very good…cuz for some out east and SE it was a very good winter…but not for all/or not for a lot of us. But if it was good where you happen to live, then you feel differently than I do about this winter. We all have our own experiences, which shape our views of things/weather. 

So if some think late May and June is mostly warm, that’s cool. I’ve experienced otherwise many many times.  

I'm just looking at the T1 temperatures for Logan through the daylight hours of Monday...  woask!  Not that we didn't know it was coming but impressive numbers to say the least.

-5 C steady the whole way.     Here's the thing ... the RH values at 700 mb on that grid are 60 to 70% ... If there's a miasma of milk in the skies neutering the sun at all in that sounding, that wipes out the March 28th factor and is really how we'll challenge low max temperatures.

As well as cold scorch these early budders

23 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm just looking at the T1 temperatures for Logan through the daylight hours of Monday...  woask!  Not that we didn't know it was coming but impressive numbers to say the least.

-5 C steady the whole way.     Here's the thing ... the RH values at 700 mb on that grid are 60 to 70% ... If there's a miasma of milk in the skies neutering the sun at all in that sounding, that wipes out the March 28th factor and is really how we'll challenge low max temperatures.

As well as cold scorch these early budders

I was referencing the euro the other day, but it’s been on its own warmer for Monday. NCEP, rgem, ukie all are record cold afternoon mins (still gotta watch the early 5z), but the euro looks decently warmer. 

18z 925 temps…euro versus the field.

image.gif

34 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I disagree a lot. Some years yes. Some years it’s horrible. Period!  I was a lifeguard for 10yrs…some years it(June)was great. Some years June was horrible.  Also played softball for 30 plus years…and most years ya freeze in the early evening playing in May and early June…more often than not that was/is the case.  

Everybody has their own ideas, and that’s fine. But I’ve worked and played in so many cool wet May’s and June’s, I can’t even count. Sure, some years it’s warm hot, but many times no.  That’s my experience. But if others feel differently, that’s fine.  

Just as some will say this winter was very good…cuz for some out east and SE it was a very good winter…but not for all/or not for a lot of us. But if it was good where you happen to live, then you feel differently than I do about this winter. We all have our own experiences, which shape our views of things/weather. 

So if some think late May and June is mostly warm, that’s cool. I’ve experienced otherwise many many times.  

Do the dew.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Nah winter wolf says it looks like Chernobyl.

It ain’t green here…maybe some places, but not here. I’m done with this BS. Go rush all the seasons ya want, I don’t give a shit.  And I don’t want cold all the time either…nobody is struggling at ALL. I’m ready for warmth and sun. 

32 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

2 years out of 20 was my pool open Mem day. Solar covers are shit  Need a heater

47 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Lol at playing up late May/early June in New England as deep summer. Listen to some of yourselves. 

THIS. And thank you. 

Everybody rushing seasons all the time.  May and first half of June are cool and wet much more on average than not. But cuz a few think otherwise they’ll force it down everybody else’s throat. Not buying any of that BS. 

Anyway…shitty afternoon here..raining/drizzle and a cool 50 degrees.  

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

It ain’t green here…maybe some places, but not here. I’m done with this BS. Go rush all the seasons ya want, I don’t give a shit.  And I don’t want cold all the time either…nobody is struggling at ALL. I’m ready for warmth and sun. 

I am ready for real Spring, but reality says half the days will end up crappy until June....Monday is really just ridiculous, it would be different if it were snowing.

My pool needs a new liner, which won't happen until early June, so I am fully expecting 90s most of May and a crappy June

42 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

2 years out of 20 was my pool open Mem day. Solar covers are shit  Need a heater

My cousins had a pool with a solar cover when i was growing up....the few times it was even open around Memorial day or the first week in June, it felt like diving into Glacier Bay Alaska even if it was 85-90 outside. Pool season is two months here unless you have a heater or get lucky enough to avoid nights in the 40s in the first couple weeks of September.

• Like 2