• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I knew you’d say that :lol:. I’m sure there will be a last minute CJ element where you score double digits. Book it 

That’s not how these work. The sleet/dry slots etc rush in before you know it. Those snow maps will certainly be overdone in most spots. 

If this ticked south maybe those amounts happen. 

It’s early so what you and I think doesn’t mean much. I guess my point is not to be too aggressive with snow. 

Depends how deep the omega is on these. Sometimes you get monster omega punching up into 500mb and you get good snow growth anyway (ala 12/16/07) but most of the time these have crappier snowgrowth. It’ll be heavy baking powder for several hours which is good for base building but not great for maximizing accumulations. 

This could also trend another 75-100 miles north so that most of SNE ends up with 2-4” before the flip…that’s another possibility. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

BOX pnc with a 100% chance of snow Friday this far out is interesting 

Thursday Night
Snow likely before 11pm, then rain, possibly mixed with snow between 11pm and midnight, then snow after midnight. Low around 21. East wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
Friday
Snow, mainly before 4pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 33. East wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

Enjoy having a vacation week to track!

• Haha 1

Update:

There's  a limit to how far N the lower tropospheric reflection of this mess can track..   The 06z operational GFS is just about pressed against that proverbial wall. This is not an extraordinarily, mechanically powerful surface reflection/cyclone.  It's moving up to a position roughly ... mid/C-E Pennsylvania, and at that point the BL resistance will physically impeded 1012 mb and cyclonic forcing from penetrating any further.  That is why this is forced E ... and these annotations further below, showing the oblong low structure S of LI ( really the "quasi Miller B" behavior of this thing ) as 'path of lesser resistance'.   

The 00z Euro arrived ....other than very minor differences ( thanks Pivotal ), the projected 12z Friday position of synoptic features ( and assorted artistry in ptypes and what-nots),  essentially line up beautifully.  This is a well-formulating consensus here ( now watch it blow up in the next run... lol) 

I also stress that we tend to hyper focused on details from run to run, because IMBYism gets in the way of objectivity.  Noisy moves in run become 'large shits' to the observer.  But outside our jilted realms abandonment apoplexies ... at D4.5 ( 00z run)?   -these are purely acceptable difference and a very good agreement here:

image.png.61021c82904331beccdda2f5c547ec69.png

Also,... I pointed out a couple of aspects that still persist in the guidance as of overnight.. This is perhaps a unique'er SWFE than the "climate SWFE" or typical model for those.   This is bringing an usually deep tropospheric ingested air mass from the subtropics.  The overnight PWAT anomaly product (GFS) maintained an inflated swath pressed up against the lift axis of the boundary ... sending that upglide.   That, combined with the intensity and 300 mb S lateral exit jet region situated over central/NNE, might give this a vector toward over-achieving relative to said SWFE model.    It's admittedly speculative ...like all prognostic 'art' ultimately is... but it may explain or partially account for these 10+" numbers we're getting persistently graced with in the model galleries. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I would sell locking in anything over 8” for any particular location yet.  North looks better but lots of adjusting to come.     Historically these favor that strip along Rte 2 north into S Maine

Bread.     Bread and butter.  With a sprinkle of icing. 

Would be nice if that were US Rt 2.  :D

• Haha 1

I don't think I've ever seen a system like this where the shore didn't capitulate to rain almost immediately. Not that it really matters exactly how much there is when its all getting washed away.

I am rooting for the Berkshires though. Know a weenie up there who is probably staring at his snowshoes right now wondering where it all went wrong this winter.

Similarly, the people who live around the capital district. I mean, that in itself is enough punishment.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.
  • dendrite unpinned this topic