• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I want this godawful winter to end. It is about as irredeemable to me as it can get.

I just haven't been the same since my dad passed, and I don't want to drag others down ruminating about that here. I could use a landscape change. 

I respect that it's Feb 21 and winter isn't (and shouldn't be) over, so I'm posting less. Carry on. 

I know the feeling,  I lost my dad on 7/31/21 and I've been living alone in his house ever since.  Not a day goes by that I don't think about him.

• Sad 5

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Well climo for the season is soon going to 0 after all. 

A couple years ago, we were actually making fun of a peer reviewed paper that showed snow climo going to like 40-50% of normal for places like ORH and PWM by 2040. I always wondered how those pass the smell test. 

I’m pretty open-minded, but ORH averaging 30” of snow in less than 2 decades is a hard one to square. I mean, we routinely clear that by 1-2 feet even in +3 or +4 temp departure winters. 

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

A couple years ago, we were actually making fun of a peer reviewed paper that showed snow climo going to like 40-50% of normal for places like ORH and PWM by 2040. I always wondered how those pass the smell test. 

I’m pretty open-minded, but ORH averaging 30” of snow in less than 2 decades is a hard one to square. I mean, we routinely clear that by 1-2 feet even in +3 or +4 temp departure winters. 

The new DC in 20 years for sure 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

56 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Even I don’t think that is going to happen. Now by 2100 I wonder if that could be a thing. I could see New Haven having a climate like DC in 20 to 40 years. I Feel like SNE is already seeing thunderstorm activity that is more synonymous with the upper south, if 2021 is any indication. Versus a couple decades ago, when you could go an entire summer with barely a couple thunderstorms in RI.

8 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

Even I don’t think that is going to happen. Now by 2100 it could be a potential issue. But not 2040.

Agree. According to some climate scientists, the Maunder Minimum we are now entering heralds a prolonged cold stretch of maybe 35 years, despite global warming.  So unless we have some winter droughts, I don't care if a peer reviewed paper claims otherwise.  It's not happening.

15 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

Agree. According to some climate scientists, the Maunder Minimum we are now entering heralds a prolonged cold stretch of maybe 35 years, despite global warming.  So unless we have some winter droughts, I don't care if a peer reviewed paper claims otherwise.  It's not happening.

Yeah I just found some of those articles. I mean it would make a lot of sense. You don't see too much of that in the media.

8 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

Yeah I just found some of those articles. I mean it would make a lot of sense. You don't see too much of that in the media.

20 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

I'm not inclined to believe that any more than I'm inclined to believe halving snow in the next two decades. Solar inputs have indicated we've been cooling for at least decades now, and annual average temp hasn't cared one bit. Now significant reduction of snow cover days, that I could believe.

Anyway, the EPS EFI highlighting the Pike to NH border with the most extreme values right now for the model climate. But nothing eye popping, which to me points towards a pretty standard sort of SWFE for this time of year.

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.
  • dendrite unpinned this topic