• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

My guess is sleet will def make it to at least the MA/NH border. You aren’t tracking that vort through central NY and keeping sleet line south of the pike. 

That doesn’t mean no big thump before that though. The thump looks very strong right now on most guidance. 

I'm sure sleet will make like 10mi N of me.

The CMC is an absolute disaster down here unless that is mostly PL...I still think this ends up north of the CMC but that may not help a ton if you want to avoid FZRA...if the CMC/GFS show the FZRA down that far it would in reality verify way further south and west than that as they do not see low-level cold air well at this range 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The CMC is an absolute disaster down here unless that is mostly PL...I still think this ends up north of the CMC but that may not help a ton if you want to avoid FZRA...if the CMC/GFS show the FZRA down that far it would in reality verify way further south and west than that as they do not see low-level cold air well at this range 

2.5 inches of zr in SE Missouri  on the CMC

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I feel like there isn’t unlimited north trends though. That high is pretty stout 

The mid levels drive the placement of surface features. This has a s/w ripping into NY state which typically means you will slowly see surface features adjust. 

But yes, there is a reason why the high is in a good placement as currently modeled. It will help the surface temps anyways. 

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.
  • dendrite unpinned this topic