• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

UKIE is sweet you Boston guys really will like that. Qpf over 1.5 everywhere.  Great storm.

I buy that qpf, not sure how much is snow but I do think the models will trend more towards and earlier transfer and stronger secondary low. Also, can’t it snow east of the mid level lows? It did in the March 2017 storm with the mid levels way west.

3 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

I thought we were talking about d5-d8, not d14-20.

I’m not seeing that big of difference between eps and gefs d5-d8 to claim gefs is way off and terrible though. The fact it schooled eps in the LR is another reason to not completely dismiss the cooler look for this event. I’m leaning warmer, more north with the primary, myself… but I don’t think at d5 we should be handing out best and worst model awards. 

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’m not seeing that big of difference between eps and gefs d5-d8 to claim gefs is way off and terrible though. The fact it schooled eps in the LR is another reason to not completely dismiss the cooler look for this event. I’m leaning warmer, more north with the primary, myself… but I don’t think at d5 we should be handing out best and worst model awards. 

We shouldn't be handing out our best and worst model awards at d14-20 either.

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This would be so much better if it was December instead of late Feb and Morch . It would have a completely different feeling . Wouldn’t be worried about sun melting things the next day when it’s 24 degrees. Stat pad spring time of season 

Yup we are just padding stats and looking for some good daytime rates this time of year.  

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

What happened? I must have missed it.

I want this godawful winter to end. It is about as irredeemable to me as it can get.

I just haven't been the same since my dad passed, and I don't want to drag others down ruminating about that here. I could use a landscape change. 

I respect that it's Feb 21 and winter isn't (and shouldn't be) over, so I'm posting less. Carry on. 

• Sad 6

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I want this godawful winter to end. It is about as irredeemable to me as it can get.

I just haven't been the same since my dad passed, and I don't want to drag others down ruminating about that here. I could use a landscape change. 

I respect that it's Feb 21 and winter isn't (and shouldn't be) over, so I'm posting less. Carry on. 

Man do I have to agree with you. There has been no storm this winter that has had any consistency to it as far as the models go. There has been more Model Mayhem this year than I could remember. With that said, it just made this winter feel like it's went on and on but without the goods except for some localized areas. Even this storm is so up in the air at this point. Yes the models may still Trend a bit north, but I would not be surprised if they tended to go just a bit South again before the event.

And... What is up with Damage in Tolland and wanting Ice???? Lol. He must have a death wish.... Haha! 

• Like 1

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

It’s gets better over time. Like weather, we can’t control the loss of loved ones so we remember their spirit as much as we can and keep plugging away. Spring is usually a nice mood changer too so hopefully that will help. Until then, some good snows could lift you up a little as well. Be well man.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Sorry for your loss my man, that sucks. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, George001 said:

image.png.a07c936698274d396436fbddf3edf1b7.pngNew euro looks a little colder, primary doesn’t drive as far NW and a little more aggressive with the secondary redevelopment (Miller B).

Euro is the south goalpost now while gfs is north.  They switched positions.  Euro has been steady the past several runs.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This would be so much better if it was December instead of late Feb and Morch . It would have a completely different feeling . Wouldn’t be worried about sun melting things the next day when it’s 24 degrees. Stat pad spring time of season 

27 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Yup we are just padding stats and looking for some good daytime rates this time of year.  

Either of you look at the next 5 days after Friday  lol

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

But it’s more likely in the first half of March.   March isn’t a retention month unless 1956 walks in.

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.
  • dendrite unpinned this topic