Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 13-14 snowstorm/nor’easter potential

George001

57 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Lets see how awful the models will be with this storm.

There isn't a storm of any relevance, except on some models. The only reason you have introduced the narrative of "the storm" and instantiated it is because of your reading of these models. Irony.

It would be more accurate to say, "Let's confirm, yet again, how awful humans are with probabilistic thinking."

Still, its something to hold our desperate interest for at least a couple days. Unless  lest we continue bickering about who had to walk uphill both ways further in LESS snow than the other guy." Ok, that's wordy, but its a jumping off point.

7 minutes ago, George001 said:

I don’t understand all the negativity with this storm, the upper air pattern looks good and we are really just a few small tweaks away from a big hit.

The storm is still possible, but it will take some significantly better changes. The fact that we are trending in a worse direction at D5 is a pretty big negative...you'd at least like to see the status quo at D5 and not trend worse.

GGEM actually liked a totally different system behind the 2/13-14 system...tries to get a Miller B going for 2/15....but GFS and Ukie weren't biting.

9 minutes ago, George001 said:

I don’t understand all the negativity with this storm, the upper air pattern looks good and we are really just a few small tweaks away from a big hit.

We’ll until some modeling sees it…it doesn’t look like much at the moment. So that’s where the no-go is coming from George. 

28 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The storm is still possible, but it will take some significantly better changes. The fact that we are trending in a worse direction at D5 is a pretty big negative...you'd at least like to see the status quo at D5 and not trend worse.

GGEM actually liked a totally different system behind the 2/13-14 system...tries to get a Miller B going for 2/15....but GFS and Ukie weren't biting.

Don’t matter just don’t bite it?

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro had a little more interest in that 2/15 system this run, but well ots

DOA. Even before, way before it's arrival.
Have to like the enthusiasm. Start learning from mistakes, I guess. Instead of being critical, maybe posting less, reading more why not take the opportunity and give reasons of why or why not the event is a threat. Even with years of watching and learning the little nuances of long range is an acquired skill to which some never learn or recognize. (ME)        

12 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Why was a thread started for a weak signal at best 6 days out?

Because the board weenie got a big weenie, This should be locked or even deleted, Just go start a March thread or April even, I blame wiz for starting a May thread in January for stimulating the weenies.

• Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Euro had a little more interest in that 2/15 system this run, but well ots

That's a much better looking shortwave, but it gets screwed because of the 2/13-14 system being a bit too close....if the spacing was slightly better, the 2/15 shortwave would go nuts into a good Miller B.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That's a much better looking shortwave, but it gets screwed because of the 2/13-14 system being a bit too close....if the spacing was slightly better, the 2/15 shortwave would go nuts into a good Miller B.

Hopefully the 2/13-14 shortwave gets out faster and the 2/15 one is a little slower. I’m going to root for the Miller b, those are usually better here. EPS will be interesting.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Maybe I need to melt down at George and get another “not gonna happen” moment to make it work?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Huh...  I think we're being a little harsh - George, sets himself up good and proper for excoriation ( heh ...wow -), but there's worth-while observation still out there re this.

But, the fact of the matter is, the general flow scaffold is still there.  This can still emerge.  

I don't personally know how to tell if that emergence will or won't take place... I would presently lean no - but that doesn't mean shit. One run looks better, I can see that happening just as well.  Like I outlined earlier, the critical window - for me - will be about 3.5/4 days from now, as the ridge 140 W repositions to 110 W..  That adjustment may send a correction toward more amplitude into the eastern CONUS when that happens - and can emerge in time.  Assuming the former does. But that much of it is higher confidence.  What happens on the other side of the ridge movement has some upside variability to it. 

That's the objective perspective from where I'm sitting - seeing as anyone gives a shit what I think. Lol...  That is the best I can offer George's ambition to getting us one step closer to ending the world in the 3rd Geological Snowball Earth

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1