Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 13-14 snowstorm/nor’easter potential

George001

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’ve noticed there’s still some very old habits that the Euro has to show something or it’s not likely to happen. The old reliance on the Euro still lingers. Old habits die hard . Folks have to get past that 

It still may win this, so I wouldn’t go all in yet. Like Will said, we’ll need all guidance to look better at 12z and not just a touch better.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It still may win this, so I wouldn’t go all in yet. Like Will said, we’ll need all guidance to look better at 12z and not just a touch better.

It’s all alone though and has been steadily moving to GFS , GEFS, GGEM, GEPS, UKIE

It will be extremely surprising if it doesn’t show a hit at 12z

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I already saw Tip mentioning napes yesterday. Won't be long before he starts reminiscing about hanging outside college dorms in a PG-13 style essay.

Yea....noting that the glare of the increasing solar irradiance was abundantly discernible off the policeman's bald head,  as he handed handed me the "stay away" order...'alas, Christine had made her wishes clear-

• Haha 3

Just now, CoastalWx said:

What do you make of that tight s/w coming into the northern plains? There is the s/w ahead of it, but I feel like the one coming into the plains could kick things off.

I feel like that needs to phase in to get a larger event for most, or else it will be inhibiting factor.

39 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

When’s this big warm up? As of yesterday it wasn’t looking all that warm? 

It may be a "slow cook" arrival in the runs ( n'yuk n'yuk).

Seriously, .. the Pacific may be more poised to enter a large scale mode change than is presently being sensed out by the daily model renditions.  Time will tell if such a modulation will happen, or if it is a red herring.  

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

What do you make of that tight s/w coming into the northern plains? There is the s/w ahead of it, but I feel like the one coming into the plains could kick things off.

Yes, it's actually an explosive look....Ukie did that at 00z which is why it slammed all the way back to western NE.

• Like 2

Could be a last hurrah storm for this pattern ... regardless of what form and where.  Or perhaps last of the season, given to the lateness.  I mean there's likely to be a cyclogen processing SE to off the coast ... it's a matter of amplitude and position.

In a definitive era where hockey-stick climate change is real and happening, and we've been verifying in hard data, exceptional warm oddities to mid latitudes across the mid continent February and March's with increased frequency over the last 10 years ... if one is objective they should at minimum begin to wonder if it may be harder to return to winter in 2022, that it was in 1956, past the ides of February with strengthening constructive interfering  MJO wave over a La Nina footprint. Yikes! 

-PNA is gaining super synoptic support.  ... In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if this storm came back to at least moderately impact NYC-PWM, and while we are enjoying the d-drip we are also ignoring the 70F on the charts for 4-6 days later - we've been through that drill in the spring, early or not. 

Regarding this event:  Seems there is a 'race'  ... Changes are positioning on the starting line over the Pacific, but like unruly competitors ...they may be jumping the gun in the models, causing false starts and forced loading to bully into the west?  They could be rushing the -PNA, causing the ridge of the +PNA surge (presently occurring) in the foreground to dismantle too soon.  

Anyway, those really are starting to exert on the Pacific relay into western N/A ... in about 4 to 6 days.  That is when the ridge over western N/A, the one that surged a bit now and is/was modeled to bump east, needs to maintain it's +PNA -like structure in order for the transitively force the east coast trough depth...

Looking over all ens means I could... I suggest there is some sensitivity wrt to how much the N-stream can/will dive S through the Lakes, determined more than less on the N extent of the western N/A heights arcing into western Canada.  If that gets sent south, we may be in business for better capture.  I elaborated at this yesterday - I don't feel much has changed.  I think this next 1.5 days starting now on this 12z cycle ... through early Friday, will clarify that interactivity up there and what is ultimately delivered.  I give 50/50 for more or less, either way at this point.

• Like 1