Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 13-14 snowstorm/nor’easter potential

George001

12 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Not really. Been a great 21 years WOR.

Only 6 below average snowfall seasons this century (this year will prolly make 7).

I don't care much for the averages. Looks good on paper though. 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Looks better for sure, but it won't go Reggie/Ukie just yet.

At least we are trending in the right direction with the southern vort not dragging it's face like it did with the sema blizzard. 

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

12z GFS looks to be better the 06z but not nuclear like UK.

Yeeeah but ...  ( you know this ) the 06z was "better" than the 00z - I think there's a trend here that's gotten rather coherent. 

Here's the thing, we've seen these coastals this year trend, en masse, in then back out - trying sanity!  I mean, usually when the ballast of an entire f'ing ens system starts moving a given way, that's a signal? 

This years been somehow denying that conventionality it would seem.

Excluding the possibility that this is metaphysical more than physical ( LOL ),  I like the idea that the N/stream is becoming more coherently factored - I mean for storm enthusiasts. I really think this situation is going to need that, but it has work to do.  The UKMET is intriguing -

• Like 1

Wow... gives this nerd goose bumps to see that modeled in the NAM ( perhaps vindication.. ) 

Like Will and I were just discussing, Ray and even George.. In his George's defense, he did say this: "I am convinced that the models are underestimating how much the northern energy will dig, and that the models will continue to trend more and more amplified. ..."  - although he did outline "why," which might have helped his case - just sayn'

Anyway, I was discussing earlier this morning that the arc over the ridge in the west as sensitive in this, and that's precisely why this NAM solution digs so much power over the Dakotas - ... I mean more so than previous, in total.  You can see when toggling that the ridge is pushing more boldly into the Alaskan sector comparing 54 hour to previous, and that is dislodging more N/stream mechanics and sending it SSE. 

It is interesting the RGEM did this too...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Cmc is rain

I_nw_EST_2022020912_105.png

Not for where it counts ... only NYC where it is deserved ..

hahah. J/K

No but I wouldn't worry about that relative to that solution   1, the CMC has a warm BL bias at this range;  2, no chance with a high that strong pearled out antecedent to the cyclone approaching from the SW, would it be that warm in NYC... 

• Haha 1