Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 13-14 snowstorm/nor’easter potential

George001

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Was right about now when the CJ started in that long duration event that year. I know you wanted to be reminded of that.

I loved that event....that was an acceptable CJ. I don't need to jackpot, but there is a difference between something like that, and the crap that last month's blizzard dealt my way.

Most of the people who claim to be okay with 12" when so many others land 24-30"+ are lying.

• Like 2

As a definite "weenie" and"lurker", one of the things I appreciate about this board is that it is not exclusive to anyone (except some instigators from other geographic regions), and allows us weenies to dabble in the meteorological arena with those of you that have significantly more knowledge. Stay the course, George, it's your thread... crossing fingers that something materializes mid-month

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 9

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

Why is this thread dead ?

Well I mean is there anything showing some legit promise currently?  I don’t know of anything showing this going in the right direction at the moment.  

I would gander that’s why it’s dead.  Let’s get something somewhat reliable, showing something positive, and I’m sure it would liven up some.  But right now it’s DOA. 

image.thumb.jpeg.f28e9aed21eaba6425be5980bf829372.jpegI have a question for those smarter than me with this stuff, it looks like this run of the gfs is going to be a close miss or graze eastern areas. That third piece of energy diving in from Canada looks to be a wild card, do we want that closer to us to phase in, or is that unrealistic? Would we be better off having that hold back more? My thought process is that we don’t need the third piece, and if we get the phasing of the first 2 pieces we can get a big storm but not historic like the blizzard, which is a high probability outcome. However, if the 3rd piece trends closer, if it phases in it has the potenital to be historic like the January blizzard, which is a low probability outcome. If it does trend closer but not close enough to phase though, it would act as a kicker and we get nothing, which is also a high probability outcome. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I loved that event....that was an acceptable CJ. I don't need to jackpot, but there is a difference between something like that, and the crap that last month's blizzard dealt my way.

Most of the people who claim to be okay with 12" when so many others land 24-30"+ are lying.

What many would have given for your 12+. In western areas it was 6 or 7 or less-- like being low on the totem pole at the House of Delight.

43 minutes ago, NeonPeon said:

The gfs is still trending better. The depiction is still an odd strung out scraper without much organization, but any more trending and it's something of significance for the SE and it's already something for the cape. 

No support from the euro. 

EPS is a little better.