Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 13-14 snowstorm/nor’easter potential

George001

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Wow. You ain't kidding lol.

Yep, that's a high-end look...not just a mundane 6-10 warning event.....though I'd obviously take 6-10 if you offered me now, lol.

But we'll have to see if other guidance keeps catching onto this phase scenario because the early 12z models are definitely trending toward that.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Reggie would go nuclear if we could see another couple panels.

Feb9_12zRGEM84.png

Ha ha .. the irony there? 

if that southern weirdness there in the Gulf proves to be faux convective fakery, that actually might result in a Miller B hahahaha.  

Hopefully that happens - with no actually logic conveyed that shows that was interpolated from clad meteorological reasoning and experience combined, that happens anyway.   Let's do it!

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

if that southern weirdness there in the Gulf proves to be faux convective fakery, that actually might result in a Miller B hahahaha.  

Hopefully that happens - with no actually logic conveyed that shows that was interpolated from clad meteorological reasoning and experience combined, that happens anyway.   Let's do it!

Yeah I think that northern stream is the major key piece in turning this into a higher end threat versus "merely" a warning event. You opined at the end of your previous post on that....but yeah, that's kind of funny after we said Miller B was unlikely....and it probably still is because I think most guidance has that energy down south which will spawn the main low....though we could end up with a bit of a hybrid too.

• Like 1

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Convection blobs and double saggy boobs ruining the potential in 3, 2, ....1. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You will blog but you won't be happy with another SEMA jack. 

LOL, you guys are hell bent on that. Don't forget our friend in ern CT got 2'.  It is way way too early to even entertain that. 

FWIW, I hope you guys get in on something good before the season ends. Would be nice for a Feb 2017 deal when we all had 12-18". 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yea, that's what I mentioned last page....that N stream will make or break depending on whether or not it phases.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

LOL, you guys are hell bent on that. Don't forget our friend in ern CT got 2'.  It is way way too early to even entertain that. 

FWIW, I hope you guys get in on something good before the season ends. Would be nice for a Feb 2017 deal when we all had 12-18". 

I mentioned from Steve to Will to you.  That's been the line the past two seasons. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Sticking out into the Atlantic has it's advantages. I actually envy it. An ocean low farts and you folks shovel 18". 

14 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Sticking out into the Atlantic has it's advantages. I actually envy it. An ocean low farts and you folks shovel 18". 

Yeah definitely in a non blocking pattern BUT if you look at average annual snowfall distribution west averages more (likely due to elevation). Due west of Boston are the Birks and I believe average a lot higher.

Seems like west won 2000 to 2011 and east won since.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Anyway, TBH, Reggie looked a lot like the UK from last night. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the midday trend....IMBY anxiety disorders not withstanding.

Hadn't looked at much of any models but just went and looked at the UK, That would work if we get the GFS/Euro to follow.

31 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I think that northern stream is the major key piece in turning this into a higher end threat versus "merely" a warning event. You opined at the end of your previous post on that....but yeah, that's kind of funny after we said Miller B was unlikely....and it probably still is because I think most guidance has that energy down south which will spawn the main low....though we could end up with a bit of a hybrid too.

Oh absolutely ... heh, previous was tongue-in-cheek of course..

Yeah, the southern aspect is real an ain't goin' away.  It's a matter of whether this n-stream can be significantly strong enough to 'torque' the total circulation manifold, such that whatever comes of down south, gets foisted ...captured...blah blah.

agreed- that's not an M-b deal.