Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS/DISCO - The Historic James Blizzard of 2022

TalcottWx

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Roof bare :lol:

Really impressive pics. Make sure you measure on the side that wasn't downwind from your roof.

You can see where the snow on the roof ended up in subsequent pics :lol:.

I have a bit of a sheltered spot behind my shed that was about as good as I could do as far as measuring. Not accurate at all I’m sure 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

That’s all in newtonville? Wouldve thought at least 15 there by now. Must’ve been a local subby maybe just west of that band earlier. 

Where I am was just west of the best echoes earlier in the day. 

The park is also oriented NNE-SSW, so maybe some was lost off the top by the wind?

42 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

My kind of post!  

The pictures I'm getting of Cumberland look Dreadful.  Must have had the Worst  Is possible scenario of being 10 miles from the death band from heaven, and in the perfect spot for exhaust.  Looking like I made the right decision to stay after all.  

But the Brady news?   I feel like a best friend has just died.  Really.  

I'm just off of Plainfield pike on the Cranston side a mile east of 295. Flirted on the edge of the death band all day but managed to stay in it for most of the day. Drive just 5 miles to the west and it was light to moderate snow.

So on NOAA Milford reported 11.3 at 1000am. if that is right then we definitely broke a foot here which would be a huge win all things considered. I thought we had less at the time but it’s tough to dispute given all the drifting.  It definitely did feel like we had more today than the 9.5 we got a few weeks ago.

Just now, IowaStorm05 said:

Maybe could it? Could that narrow death band manage to pivot just ten miles west for a consolation prize? 21z RAP thinks it will..... Otherwise I will be tortured by our screw zone.

Looks like it’s weakening to me.