• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

8 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Who cares about that.  Just enjoy what is at hand. That’ll change too. 

I agree, if this storm pans out like the models are saying it could be 80 in early Feb for all I care. Also there are signs that the early Feb warmup could be transient based on what I saw on the models with a gradient type pattern setting up. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

It shifted west and is stronger than 00z, so I am good with it. Still plenty more shifts to come but everything seems to be headed back west and stronger again which is good. Another couple shifts and I am back in big snows.

It didn't you would be porked unless you like 5" of snow...............:lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

It didn't you would be porked unless you like 5" of snow...............:lol:

My spot maxes out any east flow events, and I will have decent ratios probably. 6-10 seems like a good call here right now. Plus whatever may fall as upslope afterwards. That's how PF always ends up with a foot even if the storm is 1,000 miles away. LOL

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, GEM verbatim is the best run for me bc I get the death band, but I don't want to take my chances with that. I would rather it close off a bit later.

You want the GFS...later nuke job and doesn't send a dryslot near us. Maybe tickles the Cape and then collapses east.

• Like 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

My spot maxes out any east flow events, and I will have decent ratios probably. 6-10 seems like a good call here right now. Plus whatever may fall as upslope afterwards. That's how PF always ends up with a foot even if then storm is 1,000 miles away. LOL

You guys have that component, I have sunny skies.

GGEM ideally would be a little closer...

The frontogen would clip HFD -BOS that way, and then CCB mechanics plugging the undercarriage super-imposing the UVM lift, would be double trouble HUGE fall rates of whatever is falling...But as is, the the former appears too far SE.

But, you know ... get real, right?  I mean, it's so powerful the CCB stuff is good for 15+ in that region anyway. I know we have zealots that feel betrayed at 15+" in a wind so violent it's a milky miasma out side, but to me that is a memorable journey.

• Like 1