• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I agree with Will, I think we're still in okay shape...just don't expect 2013 or 1978

If you look at track of H7 low.. it’s ideal for heavy snow back to HFD to Springfield. That track is perfect for a heavy band west of it from there to you to the coast  . I believe the next runs will Correct back some 

• Like 4

So what you're telling me is there's no way that the models will just bring it back a bit again at the 18z? Just got back and forth so much that I feel like I have vertigo LOL. Not even start until after midnight so take this afternoon to run have the euro and say that we're definitely cooked is ridiculous. I can still see a foot at what is showing right now where I'm at. And I'd be absolutely happy with that oh, but I would also say that it's not a done deal that it could not still be 12" to 18" or 12" to 20" still

This is really turning into an intolerable situation for the MA offices, up through NYC ...  This series at 12z basically removed them from even winter storm warning criteria - arguably .. - yet they were cooked into believing a blizzard was en route.  They have blizzard headlines down there that frankly, don't have a prayer at verifying "IF" this 12z Euro had any say.

And if these are right solutions - the elephant in the room is that the models, et al, could not get this right at 30 hours -

although, does the GFS re-enter the discussion there? I dunno - might be right for the wrong reasons in that case... separate headache. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Ask Megan, hypothetically...how would she feel about a long time weather buddy that happened to get stuck at your place.  By accident.   And remind her that I'm the sole reason why yall are married.  I'm just sayin

I just sent to Megan.....:lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I will bet anyone In here things improve at 18z

I will wager one gentlemanly outing to the Tasty Burger. The conditions are thus: the output for total accums must, by way of average across the GFS and ECMWF using matching snow ratios, improve for BOTH your backyard and mine at the 18z turn.

Do you accept? Or will you die like a dog?!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zeus said:

I will wager one gentlemanly outing to the Tasty Burger. The conditions are thus: the output for total accums must, by way of average across the GFS and ECMWF using matching snow ratios, improve for BOTH your backyard and mine at the 18z turn.

I'll take this action.

1 minute ago, Zeus said:

Accept! I accept! 

• Like 1

Just east of the southern tip of Quabbin here and I must say this has been a great thread so far. 

This set up may be a huge win for me on a bust in my area, owning 4 liquor stores business will be huge today as people prepare and then tomorrow I will get tons of crying weenies looking to drown their sorrows! WIN _WIN 

• Haha 2