• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MLK 2022 Storm Potential

stormtracker

I don’t think we get shafted quite as badly as the NAM shows but 18z could definitely be the set of runs that crystallizes this as a 3 inch ceiling for the 95 corridor. Seemed liked 3-6 wasn’t out of the question but that diving NS is not going to have it. Gotta make peace with that. Oh, and don’t forget urban heat island effects…

11 minutes ago, jon_snow said:

guyz give it to me straight, is this storm a bust for DCA?

Yes! DC south and east get an inch or two of snow - at best - then it quickly turns to rain, and almost as quickly ends. Even the areas west, closer to I-81 will receive less than currently advertised.

The trends among nearly all of the guidance has been for a stronger system with a sfc low track farther west. This results in an inevitably minor event, esp. for the I-95 corridor and most of the Shenandoah Valley as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Weenie 2

2 minutes ago, Snowfan96 said:

Yes! DC south and east get an inch or two of snow - at best - then it quickly turns to rain, and almost as quickly ends. Even the areas west, closer to I-81 will receive less than currently advertised.

The trends among nearly all of guidance has been for a stronger system with a sfc low track farther west. This results in an inevitably minor event, esp. for the I-95 coordior and most of the Shenandoah Valley as well.

You may end up right, but the current guidance (GFS and Euro) show a pretty significant event in the Shenandoah Valley.  

3 minutes ago, Snowfan96 said:

The trends among nearly all of guidance has been for a stronger system with a sfc low track farther west. This results in an inevitably minor event, esp. for the I-95 coordior and most of the Shenandoah Valley as well.

Minor event for the Shenandoah Valley?? Ok Deb..

5 minutes ago, Snowfan96 said:

I can almost guarantee the majority of 00z guidance will start to fall more in line with the 18z NAM. The NAM is consistently under-valued in these scenarios.

The NAM is undervalued at 84 hr with numerous upper air features and phasing at play? How, exactly? 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic