• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Small or possibly moderate wintry event possible for a portion of the NYC subforum Friday morning-early afternoon 1/7/22

wdrag

15 minutes ago, eduggs said:

Will anybody be awake for it though? :lol:  Obviously being further east will help with daylight snow.

Probably not but it’ll be nice to wake up to whatever it ends up as. I think I’m in a decent spot for this so hopefully it works out. Not huge totals but definitely enough as a winter reminder event. 

3 minutes ago, weathermedic said:

From OKX Twitter feed:

Part of the concern with tonight/tomorrow's #snow is the timing. Short range models are signaling the potential for snowfall rates to exceed 1"/hour just as the morning commute gets underway. Treacherous roadway conditions are likely, especially early. If possible, avoid travel!

Definitely staying put tomorrow...or if anything, I'll see how it is later in the morning and go in for a half day.

3 minutes ago, bluewave said:

SPC HREF has the best 6” potential where the banding sets up.

18E71091-6738-41FA-B6AD-697173ADE3BD.thumb.jpeg.ab0848688b81b6585e5c83dbbb8b28c8.jpeg

Six out of the nine ensembles depict 6-8" totals for parts of Long Island. The orientation of the totals reflects a max heading into southeast New England. If the coastal transfer occurs sooner I can imagine these totals extending into NJ, otherwise as others have stated there will be a gap in max snowfall totals between the primary coming from the Ohio Valley and coastal sections.

Just now, Shades said:

Six out of the nine ensembles depict 6-8" totals for parts of Long Island. The orientation of the totals reflects a max heading into southeast New England. If the coastal transfer occurs sooner I can imagine these totals extending into NJ, otherwise as others have stated there will be a gap in max snowfall totals between the primary coming from the Ohio Valley and coastal sections.

Yeah, I think there will be an unhappy swath that gets 1-3" while surroundings get 3-6" from the primary or developing low. That dual-max outcome is common in these. The area most at risk of that is over NJ into E PA. We want the low to consolidate/develop sooner for sure. 

• Like 2

Just now, HVSnowLover said:

A small tick west would be real nice for I95 and points just NW but at this point we'll take what we can get. Storm in a better spot than it was 24 hours ago.  

The QPF looks to be a bit further west even if amounts are about the same. I think it's trying to develop the storm near NJ a little sooner which is what we need. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

The QPF looks to be a bit further west even if amounts are about the same. I think it's trying to develop the storm near NJ a little sooner which is what we need. 

We are in a great spot for this one. 4-5" is a reasonable expectation. If I was Upton I would put Suffolk in a WSW

• Like 1