• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Discobs 2022

George BM

Another cheap midnight low (27f); 30f at wake up.
Notable: In my neighborhood, on the shady side of the street, several houses still have significant roof snow cover from the Jan 3 storm. Over 3 weeks ago. And Crofton is one of the warmer/less snowy parts of Wash/Balto area. Not bad for a Nina.
Currently overcast.

NWS adjusted predicted low temperatures for overnight (higher) today for Deep Creek area and Potomac Highlands.  Official forecast is now zero, my PWS is already +1 with multiple surrounding stations below zero. 

As the lake is now frozen, many of the usually warmer lakefront PWS are leading the way this evening.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RIC_WX said:

NWS adjusted predicted low temperatures for overnight (higher) today for Deep Creek area and Potomac Highlands.  Official forecast is now zero, my PWS is already +1 with multiple surrounding stations below zero. 

As the lake is now frozen, many of the usually warmer lakefront PWS are leading the way this evening.

2F234EFE-495B-4264-97D6-9C38201EDAA5.png

34 minutes ago, RIC_WX said:

2F234EFE-495B-4264-97D6-9C38201EDAA5.png

I was just coming here to post the same. There’s plenty of -15 to -19 showing up across Deep Creek this morning which is really impressive. 

Oddly enough, mine got down to 2.7 earlier overnight but has been rising ever since as high as 7 - which is consistently the same for the other McHenry stations - I’m wondering if there’s some kind of mini inversion since the McHenry stations are at 2800+ in elevation vs near the lake which is 100-200 feet lower.  A station in McHenry on Wisp Mountain is at +9 while a station right across the lake 175 feet lower is at -9.  Pretty crazy temp gradient!   

26 minutes ago, T. August said:

Is that legit? I read the article, but just wondering. -30 twice in a week?

I know it’s real but I find it hard to believe lol. 

It’s legit. It’s in a valley location that radiates very well. It’s now down to -31.

https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/timeseries.php?sid=DY007&num=72&banner=gmap&raw=0&w=325

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nj2va said:

I was just coming here to post the same. There’s plenty of -15 to -19 showing up across Deep Creek this morning which is really impressive. 

Oddly enough, mine got down to 2.7 earlier overnight but has been rising ever since as high as 7 - which is consistently the same for the other McHenry stations - I’m wondering if there’s some kind of mini inversion since the McHenry stations are at 2800+ in elevation vs near the lake which is 100-200 feet lower.  A station in McHenry on Wisp Mountain is at +9 while a station right across the lake 175 feet lower is at -9.  Pretty crazy temp gradient!   

We bottomed out at -11.8 here.  On the ride in from I-68 along MD 495 the temperature fluctuated from a high of +10 to a low of -11 all within a couple of miles.  Was still -7 when I arrived but all the way to +8 now.  Impressive cold!

• Like 3

• mappy unpinned this topic