• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, TheSnowman said:

Here we go again.  Same Old Story.  

A Storm Starts Out to Sea where NW of me is out of the game, Then I’m forecast to be in the Jackpot, THEN the day of the storm / Nowcasting, The Jackpot moves to NW of me.  

It’s happened oh 15,748 times.  

15, 749

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Yes... that has me worried for the Hartford area. Could definitely see a 10" jack in that mid level banding given the MAUL and good snow growth. 

Some of those soundings would argue for greater than 15 to 1 

• Like 5

My wife had to go to the supermarket, unfortunately, and found it just crazy with people buying things like they would be stuck in for days.  This is what happens when the media and internet use their scare headlines "the storm could rapidly strengthen overnight and develop into a bomb cyclone".  That includes people who should know better, like Accuweather.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

He struggled mightily with this one from the get go.

Not really. Last night he was one of the first to go 4-8" here while many were still at 3-6". Not sure what you're getting at unless you mean you area specifically.

3 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

18z 3k NAM (left) vs. mesoanalysis for 22z... this is promising... (the east system is weak / disorganized)

3kNAM_Realtime_22z.thumb.jpg.6ee6322b045e13185552175c39d79632.jpg

21z HRRR (vs. earlier runs) hangs on to the eastern SLP a little longer... let's hope it's wrong

Wow that comparison looks like it bodes excellently for a consolidated evolution

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

LOL in all seriousness, like Will said earlier.....it’s nice to see some pattern recognition that when you have a strong s/w kissing the undercarriage of SNE, chances are it won’t whiff.

I never saw the whiff either, Just needed to make sure that vort stayed amped as it rounded the base of the trough,  I only kept seeing the less then favorable track for us up here with the convection tugging this east, If we can get that reconciled and handled like the GFS is handling it at 18z, There will be surprises further north, That was the best run in about 10 cycles or so up here on the GFS, But were close to kissing the fronto band as this wraps up a hair or two sooner and gets a tic or two west, Its only about 20-30 miles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1