• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

Just now, UnitedWx said:

LOL can't be discrimination if there's no candidates 

This is true. However, if it's because you are eliminating potential candidates because of their presumed "poor millennial work ethic" then that's textbook 'reverse' age discrimination. Very hard to enforce though.

Just now, George001 said:

What would happen if the eastern low gets absorbed by the western low as a result of the trough sharpening up and going negatively tilted earlier then expected, causing the bigger low to the west to eat the smaller one? 

it's fine as long as it eats a berry and makes the other one turn blue first

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It has subdued somewhat. It’s still good but not insane like earlier. 

6 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

21z and 22z runs have really cut back and pushed east.. still like 3-5" in CT at 10:1

So many models jump west and crush and mix Tblizz and other jump east and don’t . Still not agreeing 

30 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Send some of those to 495/pike

Yeah--it's a fascinating history of the lost towns of the Quabbin:  Dana, Greenwich, Enfield and Prescott.  I've read a few books on the history of it--really should be a movie.   Not a Deliverance movie--though that had to do with drowning a town, too.

didn't they do that for candlewood lake too? I remember stories when I was a kid and we had a boat slip ther, that there was villages between New Milford and danbury that were under, I thought maybe urban legend... anyway, my buddy in Baker WV says it's poundtown there right now, easy 1/4 sm vis or less, expecting 4-8 with a WSW there, KY was gridlocked today, just like VA last week, of course blamed on nonsense, but weather don't stop

37 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Used to fish there a lot,  some remains of buildings are still visible, there's an island where a house was and the only thing left is the chimney, beautiful place, thinking of getting another boat and start fishing out there again. Good snow spot too.

The only building left now is the stone club house for the golf course on one of the islands out of Gate 43. Was a popular spot during prohibition. This is a decent watch.

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

WTF?  All the school districts around here have already canceled for tomorrow.

We were already marginally on the fringe of this system. If this nowcasts East, it’s going to be laughable that they canceled for an inch or two. 

I figured they would be closing up quickly with the number of teachers out and lack of subs. My wife's still hasn't yet despite everyone around them being closed and they are beyond short-staffed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We were already marginally on the fringe of this system. If this nowcasts East, it’s going to be laughable that they canceled for an inch or two. 

how many times that's happened since I left school, I remember going to school and seeing plows, now the hint of flakes has them cancel.. although a few years ago, there was unexpected high bust and busses with kids got stuck all over Waterbury on some greasy snow, that was embarrassing for them, catch 22 in that respect

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Welcome to the COVID era for school closings.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

This is true. However, if it's because you are eliminating potential candidates because of their presumed "poor millennial work ethic" then that's textbook 'reverse' age discrimination. Very hard to enforce though.

True. And we're as big as we want to be at this point anyway. I really don't trust the next couple years. Back to weather...Is that convection backing down off the coast?