• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

13 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

I know what you're referring to... now this is bothering me too lol... I remember dubbing it "mogwai" because multiple pieces of vorticity spawned all these disparate surface lows upon hitting the coast and as a result guidance was a mess... the night before was stressful in this forum... ultimately consolidated west and we had a blizzard

I thought it was March 13 2018 blizzard but that was a fujiwara of 2 distinct lows

It was the late January 2011 one(the second monster that month).  It came together at the last minute and croaked us hard!! 

10 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

oooh, i don't think so but maybe? wasn't that the anafrontal that turned into a coastal

I think so.  I got about 9 inches-most falling during the day.  Nothing got cancelled including schools here in my town but every surrounding town was off.  

• Like 1

The superintendents unanimously want to close school tomorrow, they are hemorrhaging teachers due to Covid and pool testing positives for kids have gone up about 300% this week , they will do whatever they can to not go virtual or hybrid but they just want a break. if there is a chance it could snow tomorrow they are cancelling before any possible busted forecast  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

The superintendents unanimously want to close school tomorrow, they are hemorrhaging teaches due to Covid and pool testing positives have gone up about 300% this week , if there is a chance it could snow tomorrow they are cancelling before any possible busted forecast  

Most schools in my area already announced they're closed tomorrow.

Just now, DavisStraight said:

Most schools in my area already announced they're closed tomorrow.

Our superintendent announced at 300 pm that we’d be closed tomorrow.  He got caught yesterday morning with the ice here that was super bad, so we knew he’d cancel today for tomorrow’s snow, due to the extreme heat he took yesterday for not delaying due to the treacherous conditions yesterday morning.